cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you apply for fnbo cards if u live in texas?

tag
gordoncharles25
New Contributor

can you apply for fnbo cards if u live in texas?

Hi guys can u please tell me if anyone living in texas can apply for any fnbo cards? i am talking abou cold app not mailers. thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: can you apply for fnbo cards if u live in texas?

@gordoncharles25 wrote:

Hi guys can u please tell me if anyone living in texas can apply for any fnbo cards? i am talking abou cold app not mailers. thanks

They are geofenced unless you get the invite. If you go to their site and enter your zip code it will tell you if they serve your area .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 9
blindambition
Senior Contributor

It looks like they have branches in Frisco, West Frisco, and Plano.

Message 3 of 9
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

+ 1 @Jnbmom 

Message 4 of 9
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Yes, you can.  I had an FNBO card for a great balance transfer offer several years ago and I live in Texas. Great card and bank, but closed it once it served its' purpose. But as mentioned above, the website tells you once you enter zip code also.

@gingerflower wrote:

+ 1 @Jnbmom 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally can not say if FNBO is definitely a geo-fenced. Why? Because I have a card thru this bank for the last 7 yrs, but I received an invitation for it. Speaking of this card then this bank is also a very generous bank when it comes to credit limit, at least based on my own experience and a few of my friends also experienced the same. As a matter of fact, this bank, just a week ago, increased my credit limit out of blue even though I have not used the card in 9 months except once or twice and only for $20 at most. I saw the offer on my online account and once I clicked it, it gave me big increase.

On the other hand, one of my family members applied for their card without any invitation even though we both live in the same state. It occurred 4 yrs back....So it could be possible that they may have changed to geo-fenced now. But when my family member receives statement from this bank then its said- First Bank....and mine says- First National Bank of Ohama. But my friend applied her credit card with the site of First National Bank of Ohama. Again, don't know if both these banks are same...because whenever I receive any general type of notification, my friend receives the same thing at the same time. Further, she got much bigger line of credit despite of having not much thicker profile than mine ....So, it does seem to be definitely a very generous bank. I personally believe that these two banks are same bank. Their online layout is also the same. Same security questions...I mean, everything is same except names are different. So its better to check it out this First Bank if you are geo-fenced with FNBO. Good luck...

Message 6 of 9
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I personally can not say if FNBO is definitely a geo-fenced. Why? Because I have a card thru this bank for the last 7 yrs, but I received an invitation for it. Speaking of this card then this bank is also a very generous bank when it comes to credit limit, at least based on my own experience and a few of my friends' too experienced the same. As a matter of fact, this bank just a week ago increased my credit limit out of blue even though I have not used the card in 9 months except once or twice and only for $20 at most. I saw the offer on my online account and once I clicked it, it gave me big increase.

On the other hand, one of my family members applied for their card without any invitation even though we both live in the same state. It occurred 4 yrs back....So it could be possible that they have changed to geo-fenced now. But when my family member receives statement from this bank then its said- First Bank....and mine says- First National Bank of Ohama. But my friend applied her credit card with the site of First National Bank of Ohama. Again, don't know if both these banks are same...because whenever I receive any general type of notification, my friend receives the same thing at the same time. She got much bigger line of credit despite of having not much thicker profile ....So, this is definitely a very generous bank. I personally believe that these two banks are same bank. Their online layout is also the same. Same security questions...I mean, everything is same except names are different. So its better to check it out this First Bank if you are geo-fenced with FNBO. Good luck...

First Bank is an subsidiary of First National Bank of Omaha.  It's similar to the relationship Elan Financial Services has to US Bank

They are both "agent" card issuers of the larger banks.  They sell credit card processing services to smaller banks and credit unions who don't want to manage their card services in-house. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 7 of 9
Bippy_33
Regular Contributor

I live in Delaware and did the pre approval online for the Evergreen card and it came back with a $7500 pre approval but, I didn't pull the trigger on it yet.

Message 8 of 9
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Good information to know . . . thanks for posting.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.