Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase freedom visa denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase freedom visa denied

My credit card score is like 730 and I only have one account open and one credit card by Bofa. I signed up for chase sapphire preferred and I was obviously denied (stupid move). Then waited 2 months and applied again for chase freedom visa and I was denied due to low credit history and only having one account open. I called the backdoor number 2x and still got denied. What should I do? I really want this card. Plzz help thank you!!!
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: chase freedom visa denied

@Anonymous wrote:
My credit card score is like 730 and I only have one account open and one credit card by Bofa. I signed up for chase sapphire preferred and I was obviously denied (stupid move). Then waited 2 months and applied again for chase freedom visa and I was denied due to low credit history and only having one account open. I called the backdoor number 2x and still got denied. What should I do? I really want this card. Plzz help thank you!!!

Out of curiosity, where do you get your card score from? Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit karma why?
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Credit karma why?

It might behoove you to buy some FICO's off this site to see where you stand on your other two reports.

Chase usually double pulls for Freedom (EX/TU)

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay but can you give me advice to get the chase freedom visa card
Message 5 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Basically what he is saying, being Nixon... Is TU is a FAKO score.. It is worthless.. Only thing CK is good for is to see when balances post on CC's and maybe to see how many HP's you have, other then that it is worthless!  Pull all three of your FICO scores from this site to see where you stand.. make sure you pull them from MYFICO this site.. It will cost you about 60$, then post your results and we can tell you why it happened..  Your CK score is probably 80 points off.

Also denial/approval isn't really necessarily based off a score, a score is just  a general idea where you stand.. Although if you know you have a 720 Fico per say on EX then you know most likely you will get approved for X card...  Utilization, AAoA, Baddies etc also come into play more then the score themselves.

Message 6 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Once you start reading this forum you will understand why CK/CS/Quizzle are all pretty worthless..  If you spend time on this forum you will figure out alot of stuff you never imagined then some more stuff you never knew.. It amazes me that people actually take CK's advise along with thinking it is really there score.. No offense OP, but we see that pretty much daily here and people ask "Why"

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Basically what he is saying, being Nixon... Is TU is a FAKO score.. It is worthless.. Only thing CK is good for is to see when balances post on CC's and maybe to see how many HP's you have, other then that it is worthless!  Pull all three of your FICO scores from this site to see where you stand.. make sure you pull them from MYFICO this site.. It will cost you about 60$, then post your results and we can tell you why it happened..  Your CK score is probably 80 points off.

TRUE! CK was showing my score at 699 so I apped for several cards that I would not have had I known my actual scores were in the 615 range. :-(  Luckily, Chase approved me for 2 cards but I was quickly shot down for Discover and Amex. 

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

$20/mo or $220 for the year if you do the monthly plan..
Message 9 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
$20/mo or $220 for the year if you do the monthly plan..

Ya I know I know I am on this plan nowSmiley Happy...   For the purpose of the OP to see where he stands it might be good to just do a one time pull form all three bureaus?  I guess the 3 month is just as cheap though and same results as you get a report and updates for 3 months... you are right I am wrongSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.