Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase spree

since i'm under 5/24, im thinking of apping for 2 chase cards today: the hyatt and the marriott. is there anything i need to keep in mind about these cards or apping for two cards in the same day? 

UPDATE:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Chase-Marriott-boundless/td-p/6425800

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: chase spree

Given what could potentially occur when you apply for any two Chase cards back-to-back, I wouldn't do it. I'd space things out, but since YOLO, see what it yields for you.

I Can't Wait To See.gif

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

Given what could potentially occur when you apply for any two Chase cards back-to-back, I wouldn't do it. I'd space things out, but since YOLO, see what it yields for you.

I Can't Wait To See.gif

i remember back years ago, it was okay to fill in two apps at once and one would have to be reconned. i guess it's different nowadays? maybe one card today, and another the next day or should i wait like a month between cards? thx

Message 3 of 15
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Chase is spree averse. 

Get one and wait for offer on other. In between, do nothing else.

Message 4 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

since i'm under 5/24, im thinking of apping for 2 chase cards today: the hyatt and the marriott. is there anything i need to keep in mind about these cards or apping for two cards in the same day? 

I have to ask....are you serious? 

Message 5 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I Can't Wait To See.gif

i remember back years ago, it was okay to fill in two apps at once and one would have to be reconned. i guess it's different nowadays? maybe one card today, and another the next day or should i wait like a month between cards? thx

I remember years ago, tricycle was my ride. Somehow I don't think it would work today. 

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I Can't Wait To See.gif

I remember years ago, tricycle was my ride. Somehow I don't think it would work today. 

Been out of the game for awhile 

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I am

Message 8 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I Can't Wait To See.gif

Been out of the game for awhile 

It's alright, but hey at least you asked before talking the plunge. Based on the above comments, you can see it can end in disaster. Not always, but most of the time.

So, prioritize. See which card is best suited for immediate needs (SUB or otherwise) and select that as your first choice, be realistic about expectations, clearing the 5/24 hurdle is step one, Chase is still going to evaluate everything like any ordinary application especially if you do not have any pre-approved offers like Black/Green Stars.

If approved, do not go on any other sprees. Fly below the radar and give things time. If still interested in Chase card #2, then wait about 3-6 months (as long as you are still under 5/24) and then you can try the Chase wheel-of-luck again.

Message 9 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I am

Things have changed since the last time you may have considered or applied for Chase CCs.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.