Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inqs and cc approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

inqs and cc approvals

On all 3 reports it shows ten inqs in the past 2 years. Of those, six inqs are from last summer buying a car. The other 4 are from my mortgage app and 2 credit card accounts all  opened about 15 months ago.

All this activity has been in the last 2 years. So it seems that my number of inqs goes over the  5/24 rule.

So if I apply for Delta Gold or AA Aviator red does that mean an instant decline? Or does each bank just look solely at cc inqs?

Additionally TU is my best score, low 700. My total util is at about 28% all of which is on one credit card. The others cc are at zero.

71k income. 12 years on same job

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: inqs and cc approvals

You're time at a job will not matter to a computer/anaylst. 

One thing this post is missing is if you are already a AMEX Customer. AMEX Delta Gold is a great card, and has pretty good approval rates on it as its the low end entry level for Delta. I recommend if you are a flyer to have a card because you get free bags! Why carry you're bags around the place when its free? Also the sign up bonuses are great! 

Barclay Card is hard because they may not approve you. Barclay is up there. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont have any amex. I do have Barclays Apple card though. My other card is NFCU and then several store cards.

I guess for several years I had been so focused on a mortgage approval that the length of employment mattered, but I guess not for a cc..

I travel only with a backpack, I really despise luggage. But if I fly with others it could come in handy

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

5/24 is a Chase thing first off and secondly it’s for new revolving credit accounts - credit cards and store cards. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex will pull Experian, at least.

I was approved for a Delta Gold (SL $1000) last Sunday with a 646 EX FICO 08. 8 new accts and 6 inq in the past 12mo. Around 22% util (according to EX, <10% on TU and EQ).

Now, 1 week prior, I applied for and was denied by Barclays for the Aviator Red MC. They pulled TU Fico 08 was 630’s and 7 inq in 12mo. Declined because of the 8 new accts.

So, in my experience, Amex gave me a chance and Barclays would not. Yours may be different (hopefully better).

Let us know what you decide. Good luck!
Message 5 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

5/24 is a Chase thing first off and secondly it’s for new revolving credit accounts - credit cards and store cards. 

+1

HPs have no impact on the 5/24 rule... as @Anonymous mentions that's regarding new revolving accounts, and it's specific to Chase.

That's not to say that HPs are ignored - they're not - but there's no firm rule in place that we know of on how many HPs Chase considers to be too many.

Message 6 of 8
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Saeren  So it's not the number of inquirys, it's the number of new tl (cc and store cards) that is considered the 5/24?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

More than likely when you apply, the computer won't discern what the HP are for and could decline you. You'll probably have to call in and recon.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.