Did you mean: 

just applied to Chase sapphire preferred question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

just applied to Chase sapphire preferred question

hey guys, I'm back it's been a while.

hope everyone is doing good

my question is: I've had my Chase Freedom - 3k  and AMEX preferred (everyday blue - 10k) cards for almost a year or a little longer now. I finally got an offer from chase this week to apply for the CSP so I just did and it said they need to look more into it. how long does it take to know if I got it or not. 

also have 100% payments, no baddies, and credit score is like 739-740. I heard you only need a 720 at a low to be able to apply. since I have a good report with them I think I should be okay. plus since the last time I applied make a lot more income and I updated that in my account

curious how long it should take to hear something back and the odds of getting it? P.S. on my AMEX since I've had it for a while can I ask for a Credit limit increase  would now be a good time to do so since I've had them a little bit or when I ask how high would be a good limit to ask ?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: just applied to Chase sapphire preferred question

Did you call the application status line to see what it had to say? Depending on that answer we can better help you.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

just called it the automated robot said "you will be notified  within 30 days  in writing"  this is the most current information blah blah 

thanks for the help in advance 

Message 3 of 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

just called it the automated robot said "you will be notified  within 30 days  in writing"  this is the most current information blah blah 

After an automatic approval this is actually the next best case scenario. Just means they need someone in underwriting to take a look at your application. Keep checking the app status line every day til the message changes. Ifyou're so inclined you can call the recon line after a few days so you can see what is needed such as verification.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

update I just see they checked my credit got a alert from credit karma so thats a good sign Smiley Very Happy or at least a sign they are looking into it thanks guys you are the best stay tune  more updates on the way Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

It can be hours to weeks. 

Message 6 of 11
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

As stated, so far it's sounding positive... keep us updated.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The 30 days automated message means your application has not been reviewed by anyone. Check back every day until it switches to a 7-10 day message or the 2 week message then you should switch to a CR to talk verification. You'll likely be switched to verification and then after they verify you, you'll have to go back to the 30 day message until the processing can complete with the back end analysts. I received my approval for a Chase Southwest Priority after verification at about 3-4 business days with all the steps mentioned here. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase 7-10 day message

Everyone should keep hope and call the verification line if you get 7-10 day message. I was receiving the 30 day message and it changed to 7-10. I called verification they sent a text to my phone and verified my email address. I was instantly approved for $3k credit line and card is in the mail and credit card shows up in my chase app already. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE GUYS:  I called the Chase application status line and your boy got approved finally. 

The Chase application line said : you've been approved you will receive your new card within 10 business days" 

Then says my credit access line is 7k. so my one question is this credit access limit just for my new card the CSP??

thanks for everyone who contributed and let's keep this credit game going !!!

Thanks Alphawolf290!!

cheers

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.