cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no go for increase on double cash with out hard pull.

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

no go for increase on double cash with out hard pull.

Hi in the last couple of weeks have tryed to get an increase on my double cash mastercard from Citi, the credit limit is 23.6K and the last increase was july 11 of last year and also have Custom cash with a cl of 8K which got an increase last month from 6K to 8K income is 85K housing is 1k month. every time I tryed for increase the system would to do see if you can be approved for an increase a credit report would be pulled at that point stop and back out of process.

Today I got letter from Citi bank saying you have reach the max credit limit for this account for increase above your limit a credit report would be needed you can call us any time to complete credit increase. I citi and was  able to be connected to department called credit line management spoke to guy in US. He told me that they look at both account and you have a total cl of 31.6K, from what I got from him is that it would be crap shoot for an increase your near income limit. I may try again in couple of months see if any thing changes This also may mean that I will not be able to get any more increases on Custom cash mastercard.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fury1995
Valued Contributor

Re: no go for increase on double cash with out hard pull.

Do you need the increase? How much of your current limit are you utilizing? If you need a higher credit line, then take the pull. If your only reason is for padding, then I would move on.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 2 of 4
805orbust
Valued Contributor

I've never gotten a CLI from Citi without an EQ hard pull.  My only experience is with BBY Mastercard tho.

Message 3 of 4
pupofwar
New Visitor

I've gotten a steady CLI on my DC card every 6 months with no HP since I opened it in 2018. I always had to apply for the CLI, but it has steadily grown from $2K to $5K.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.