Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

penfed promise visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

penfed promise visa

So amex has my fico as 653 and I was wondering if this is high enough for penfed? 

My current utilizatiion is at 53% with a ton of inquiries.

Should I wait to apply for membership or do you guys think I have a fair chance?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: penfed promise visa

Penfed uses EQ FICO 9s and not EX FICO 8s.  Do you know what your score is on that model?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No

@Anonymous wrote:

Penfed uses EQ FICO 9s and not EX FICO 8s.  Do you know what your score is on that model?

No, I do not. Where can I get it?

Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

All things considered, the score will be one of the many factors that will play a role. However, IMO, the ton of inquiries and high utilization may likely diminish the odds for an approval.
Message 4 of 6
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

When I got approved for My promise card my Fico was around 672 with 0% Utilization and 2 inquires..... Had to send them 2 paystubs before approval......I applied for the card the same day I opened the account with them

Hope this data helps
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So amex has my fico as 653 and I was wondering if this is high enough for penfed? 

My current utilizatiion is at 53% with a ton of inquiries.

Should I wait to apply for membership or do you guys think I have a fair chance?

You're actually asking two questions here.  While PenFed pulls Equifax FICO 9 scores, your current Experian FICO 8 socre of 653 should qualify you for membership and eligibility for banking products.  However, your relatively high utilization and "ton of inquiries" might disqualify you for credit products.  That said, the Promise card is the easiest to qualify for and the credit union might be willing to work with you.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.