Did you mean: 

pre-approval and Chase Blacklist

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: pre-approval and Chase Blacklist

@YoungMoney06 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd open a checking and savings account and park a few bucks in it. Some people disagree with this approach but it worked for me.

Good luck

I'm curious about this method my own self. I just opened a Chase Checking account within the last year in hopes that the transactions and my direct deposit would help get me back in with Chase after defaulting on a card for $1k in 2015. Of course, the defaulted account is still on my CR... but would like to get back in with Chase eventually... even opened a Business Checking account with them for a new venture I'm working on.

I was on the blacklist due to unpaid $1200 CO from 2009ish. Approved for CFU when I  finally dropped to 4/24 via a just for you offer

Message 11 of 20
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@YoungMoney06 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd open a checking and savings account and park a few bucks in it. Some people disagree with this approach but it worked for me.

Good luck

I'm curious about this method my own self. I just opened a Chase Checking account within the last year in hopes that the transactions and my direct deposit would help get me back in with Chase after defaulting on a card for $1k in 2015. Of course, the defaulted account is still on my CR... but would like to get back in with Chase eventually... even opened a Business Checking account with them for a new venture I'm working on.

I was on the blacklist due to unpaid $1200 CO from 2009ish. Approved for CFU when I  finally dropped to 4/24 via a just for you offer

How long was the wait before you applied between 2009? I definitely will have to wait anyway cause I'm well over 4/24 for now... would be even better to see a JFY offer Smiley Happy

My Wallet (Updated Sept 2023):
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 12 of 20
FalconSteve
Valued Contributor

So, you're blacklisted (after 11 years), but they have the nerve to mail you an application unsolicilated? That makes total sense/s [Chase]

1/8/17 Discover $18300 CL- $1k SL- AU, wife
1/26/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $35k CL, wife
2/19/20 BB&T/Truist Rewards $11k SL- impulse application
2/22/20 Citi Double Cash WEMC $2.9k-->$4.4k-->$8.4k-->$13.4k-->$17.4k-->$19.4k-->$22.4k AU, wife
3/8/20 Wells Fargo Propel AmEx/Autograph VISA $2900-->$3200-->$5000-->$8800 CL- AU, wife
3/9/20 Truist Rewards $11k SL- AU, wife- impulse app
3/21/20 REDcard MasterCard (TD Bank) $2500-->$6000-->$6500 CL
11/24/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $10k SL-->36hr-->$20k-->$35k CL
6/10/21 SoFi World Elite MC (TBOM) $7000 SL
1/19/22 AppleCard/GS $6k-->$10k-->$11k AU, wife
8/15/22 Chase freedom flex $10.3k SL-->$12.5k-->$15k AU, wife
7/5/23 Lowes/Synchrony $4k-->$10k-->same day-->$35k CL
8/2/23 Chase freedom flex $19k --> $22.8 CL
8/2/23 Discover $8k SL
Message 13 of 20
FalconSteve
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good luck

My wife has $15k in savings and 1500 in checking and they wouldn't give her a freedom card because AU accounts put her at 5/24

1/8/17 Discover $18300 CL- $1k SL- AU, wife
1/26/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $35k CL, wife
2/19/20 BB&T/Truist Rewards $11k SL- impulse application
2/22/20 Citi Double Cash WEMC $2.9k-->$4.4k-->$8.4k-->$13.4k-->$17.4k-->$19.4k-->$22.4k AU, wife
3/8/20 Wells Fargo Propel AmEx/Autograph VISA $2900-->$3200-->$5000-->$8800 CL- AU, wife
3/9/20 Truist Rewards $11k SL- AU, wife- impulse app
3/21/20 REDcard MasterCard (TD Bank) $2500-->$6000-->$6500 CL
11/24/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $10k SL-->36hr-->$20k-->$35k CL
6/10/21 SoFi World Elite MC (TBOM) $7000 SL
1/19/22 AppleCard/GS $6k-->$10k-->$11k AU, wife
8/15/22 Chase freedom flex $10.3k SL-->$12.5k-->$15k AU, wife
7/5/23 Lowes/Synchrony $4k-->$10k-->same day-->$35k CL
8/2/23 Chase freedom flex $19k --> $22.8 CL
8/2/23 Discover $8k SL
Message 14 of 20
bRICrEAW
New Contributor

chase double dip

I have posted on here a few times about being blacklisted by Chase due to including them in a BK7 almost 11 years ago. Approximately a month and a half ago, I posted I had received a preapproval offer in the mail for chase sapphire reserve and wondered whether I should apply or I should forget about it because I was likely still blacklisted. I got mixed responses. I never tried sapphire, but I finally decided to try the chase freedom. A day after my application, I got an email that I was approved! I was surprised, and I did not actually expect to be approved. I felt I was likely banned for life. Do you think I could get away with applying for the Chase Amazon card too or how long should I wait before applying for another Chase card? I am 4/24 without the account reporting, and I will not be back under 5/24 until February if I wait. Fico scores around 790-800 but may take a hit when new account reports.

Message 15 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: chase double dip

Congrats on the Chase Freedom approval.  

Unfortunately, the double-dip is unlikely. In the past, like years ago, it was possible to submit multiple Chase applications in a short timeframe, but Chase has restricted that number during a 30-day period.  If you want the Chase Amazon card, give it some distance and see whether you can receive a pre-approved offer through your Amazon account down the road.

Message 16 of 20
bRICrEAW
New Contributor

I only applied for the one Chase card, so it should still be possible for me to apply. After reading this post, I found the link to check my amazon account for chase amazon visa preapproval, and it did say I was prequalified. The site showed the one interest rate. I want the card, but I am somewhat concerned as I have read about Chase closing people's cards. I really don't want any problems, but I do want an Amazon card. I don't think I can get the store card as I believe the issues I had with sagestream and synchrony are still unresolved. Do you think I am at risk if I apply, or should I wait until February when I am back under 5/24?

Message 17 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bRICrEAW wrote:

I only applied for the one Chase card, so it should still be possible for me to apply. After reading this post, I found the link to check my amazon account for chase amazon visa preapproval, and it did say I was prequalified. The site showed the one interest rate. I want the card, but I am somewhat concerned as I have read about Chase closing people's cards. I really don't want any problems, but I do want an Amazon card. I don't think I can get the store card as I believe the issues I had with sagestream and synchrony are still unresolved. Do you think I am at risk if I apply, or should I wait until February when I am back under 5/24?

@bRICrEAW 

Well, there's always the risk. If you were to apply today and are approved for the Amazon Visa, no one here would be able to tell you with absolute certainty whether Chase would take any action on your accounts or not since we are not privy as to how their internal algorithms work -- we can only speculate. You'd be basically rolling the dice and hoping for the best. But, you can decide on whether you want to gamble things depending on your tolerance for risk.

Message 18 of 20
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

I don't think it's worth the risk. In my opinion, wait 60 days and then go-ahead. Chase is notorious for their itchy trigger finger so be glad you've gotten back in their good graces, exercise some restraint, and all will be well. 

Message 19 of 20
dbatl14
Contributor

Chase is petty as hell! I found out I was on their blacklist about 4 or 5 years ago over $240 with WaMu in 2006 or 2007. I closed my account the right way but some how they were trying to state that I owed this because of additional charges that I had no clue about not were there any notifications. It was WaMu and Chase bought them. It showed on my credit report and I disputed it where it became a back& forth which I won because Chase was wrong. They had to remove it and I guess they put me on their blacklist.

I opened a bank account with them since they were giving out offers to me (I guess they don't check the BL that vigorous) a few weeks later my account was locked and I was told to call Chase. I did they said it was a security thing and my account should be available within 24 hrs but that didn't happen. I called back was instructed to go to the branch to show ID, I did that the manager faxed everything and again 24 hrs should be available but no. Called the manager she had no idea what was going on. A week later I received a letter that my account was closed as a " security matter" and a check with my money was included. 

Ever since I would enjoy chases demise and future like Wells Fargo.

I have accounts with all major banks who are very generous with me and we have great relationships. Who needs Chase

My Wallet: Amex Everyday: $7000 | Amex PRG: NPSL | AMEX Business Reward: NPSL | Amex Hilton Aspire: $9300 | Amex Delta Gold: $15000 | Amex Business Plat: NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards: $22000 | Travel Rewards: $15000 | NASA FCU Advantage: $17,500 | DCU Platinum: $5000 | Barclaycard Rewards: $3500 | Capital One QS: $8500 | Capital One Platinum: $2250 | Capital One Spark: $7500 | Fidelity Bank: $3400 | Nordstrom: $16500 | Macys: $10000 | Walmart: $3300 | Amazon: $6000 | Target: $14500 | | Chevron/Texaco: $3000 | Discover IT: $4700 | Apple Card: $2450 | Citi Double Cash: $4000
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.