Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prequalification for capital one cards

tag
Trooper2003
Regular Contributor

prequalification for capital one cards

hey just prequalified for the venture one, quick silver rewards,savor one, and platinum prefered cards. i know the quick silver is 1.5% on every thing , the savor one  is 3% dining 2% on groceries and and 1% on everything else. I am leaning toward the venture because its a travel card, i have the amex blue delta so i was wondering would this card pair well with the amex delta blue.any suggestions? Back july 2019 my fico scores were TU 628 EXP625 EQ622. today they are TU695 EXP674 EQ690. Thanks for all the inormation.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: prequalification for capital one cards

Congrats 🎊🍾🎈🎉 @Trooper2003 in your progress!

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 4
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

The VentureOne earns 1.25 "miles" per dollar.  Those miles can be redeemed against a travel purchase you made on the card, or transferred to various airline partners (check the list to see if any of the airlines are ones you use and/or in alliances that allow you to book on airlines you use).  

Using miles for airline transfer CAN yield a good redemption value (depending on route/airline/fees/etc.).   I'm thinking this won't be a huge play for you if you have a Delta card?  

If you're going to redeem the miles for travel purchases, then you'd be better off with the Quicksilver with 1.5% straight cash back (which is more than the 1.25 on venture and can be redeemed against anything- not just travel charges).  

That's assuming the offer was for Quicksilver (no AF) and not QuicksilverOne ($39 AF).   If the offer is for QS1 (with AF), you'll be better off with the VentureOne as long as you have some purchase that counts as travel.  

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Trooper2003 wrote:

... I am leaning toward the venture ... would this card pair well with ...

It pairs especially well with the sock drawer, or shredder.

What I dislike about Cap1: 3 HPs for approval; low SL; small CLI; no combining card limits; Biz cards report. 

Others may feel differently. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.