Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Approved" Chase Freedom Unlimited Being Reviewed

tag
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

"Approved" Chase Freedom Unlimited Being Reviewed

Ok so I logged in to my Chase account today and at the bottom it said that I'm "Approved" for a Chase Freedom Unlimited. It even had a 5% Grocery Cashback and $200 back when I spend $500 offer because "I have a good relationship" with them. So I was like what the heck, why not apply since I haven't applied for a CC in years and I have 800s across all 3 bureau anyways. So I pressed submit and boom! They will "review my application" and I'll know in the mail within 30 days. From my experience, 30 days most likely means denied.. Sigh whatever I just wasted a TU and EX hard pull, and just disappointed with Chase. Again.

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
20 REPLIES 20
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: "Approved" Chase Freedom Unlimited Being Reviewed

The 30 days truly means under review. Shouldn't take long on decision. Considering you already have accounts.

Checking your account is easiest way to track approval. Good luck to you!!

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the under review is shaky with CLIs, not so much with new accounts. 

I'll tell you what. I'll give you a 60% congratulations on your new card. Hopefully I can give you the remaining 40% in a few weeks.

Message 3 of 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Here's an early 40% congratulations on your approval so you can complete a 100% congratulations. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CarbonCard wrote:

Ok so I logged in to my Chase account today and at the bottom it said that I'm "Approved" for a Chase Freedom Unlimited. It even had a 5% Grocery Cashback and $200 back when I spend $500 offer because "I have a good relationship" with them. So I was like what the heck, why not apply since I haven't applied for a CC in years and I have 800s across all 3 bureau anyways. So I pressed submit and boom! They will "review my application" and I'll know in the mail within 30 days. From my experience, 30 days most likely means denied.. Sigh whatever I just wasted a TU and EX hard pull, and just disappointed with Chase. Again.

If for some reason, you are not approved, call in and recon ...

you have one shot at it ...so sell it goodSmiley Wink

Message 5 of 21
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

The 30 days truly means under review. Shouldn't take long on decision. Considering you already have accounts.

Checking your account is easiest way to track approval. Good luck to you!!

I truly hope so. When I started with my credit journey way back then, "30 days" most definitely means I'm denied haha. But then again my credit profile and salary is significantly better now.

Also you guys are funny lolol

Message 6 of 21
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@CarbonCard wrote:

I got the same message when I applied for my Freedom.  The next business day I received a phone call requesting verification that I had made the application. After I replied in the affirmative, I was immediately approved on the spot. 

I think it's a little early to be hanging crepe. My guess is it's some type of verification and your approval will soon follow!

Message 7 of 21
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

@800wannabe420 wrote:

@CarbonCard wrote:

I got the same message when I applied for my Freedom.  The next business day I received a phone call requesting verification that I had made the application. After I replied in the affirmative, I was immediately approved on the spot. 

I think it's a little early to be hanging crepe. My guess is it's some type of verification and your approval will soon follow!

It could be it too, especially since I haven't been applying for credit in awhile.

Message 8 of 21
mrfufoppss
Frequent Contributor

Go To A Branch and ask the Banker to Call and check your status for you..In Which you will be doing a I.D. Verification which is most  likely what they want..When done in Branch there nothing to debate also...Congrats on the Future approval

AOD FCU PLOC 10,000
NAVY FED CLOC 3000

Message 9 of 21
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@mrfufoppss wrote:

Go To A Branch and ask the Banker to Call and check your status for you..In Which you will be doing a I.D. Verification which is most  likely what they want..When done in Branch there nothing to debate also...Congrats on the Future approval

With a 30 day status Chase hasn't even figured out yet what if anything additional it is that they want.

Nothing wrong with going into a branch on a weekday and requesting a status check as it may trigger an immediate once over, since the decision-makers work M-F during EST/EDT business hours.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.