Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Because you are a Chase customer" Applications

tag
TSlop
Valued Contributor

"Because you are a Chase customer" Applications

Does anyone know why only some credit card applications from Chase say "because you are a Chase customer" but not all? The ones that say that I only have to enter in my income and phone number. I'm wondering if those apps are different than the other applications where I have to fill out all my information like a cold app. I asked Chase why that isn't offered on all credit cards but they only gave my a general response that my credit is checked on all applications.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Becaue you are a Chase customer" Applications

Are you seeing this on just for you offers or credit cards tab? Is there a black/white star that says prequalified?
Message 2 of 14
TSlop
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Are you seeing this on just for you offers or credit cards tab? Is there a black/white star that says prequalified?

I don't have any white star applications right now. However, the ones that were white stars in the past are the same ones listed on my credit card tab that now say "learn more". They no longer have a solid APR. It appears that the 4 listed in this section are the only ones that let me app with just a phone number and income "because I am a Chase customer". I'm curious if these apps are different than the other apps that make me fill out everything like a cold app.

I can understand if these apps sort of like or are similar to a prequalification.... but it just rubs me the wrong way because the wording specifically says "because you are a Chase customer". If I am a Chase customer, I should be able to app this way for all their cards.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a branch close to you that you can stop by and clear all this up?
Message 4 of 14
TSlop
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you have a branch close to you that you can stop by and clear all this up?

Not really, the closest is 62 miles away. I might try calling and talking to someone else to see if they can explain why not all cards let me apply like I am an existing customer.

Message 5 of 14
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

What cards? Chase doesn't share their information across their departments. The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. They can make that offer because they have already verified your info because you're a chase customer. The same wouldn't apply to Disney because that's a co-branded card and different department.

Message 6 of 14
TSlop
Valued Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

What cards? Chase doesn't share their information across their departments. The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. They can make that offer because they have already verified your info because you're a chase customer. The same wouldn't apply to Disney because that's a co-branded card and different department.

I currently get the "because you are a Chase customer" offer on the Marriott Boundless, Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus, United Explorer and the Freedom Unlimited cards. I'd like to app for the Hyatt card at some point, but I don't get the income/phone number offer on that card (or any other card besides the above listed).

Message 7 of 14
rafy023
Regular Contributor

I would like to know the answer to this too if anyone has any experience... I currently have a Chase FU and on my offers it shows the CSP and it says, "Because you are a Chase customer, just provide the information below and get a decision in seconds!" It asks for total gross annual income and phone number. It does state they will review my credit report to make sure I meet the criteria for the offer. I'm just wondering if this is still going to be a HP and if so, is this offer any different than cold applying?

Thanks!

FICO 8 Scores
EX: 773
EQ: 784
TU: 772
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

With Chase it's always going to be a HP. That offer just means that since you're already a member, your chances are good so long as you're under 5/24. And still credit worthy, meansin nothing has changes since applying for most recent CC, or their most recent SP.

Anyone can app any Chase card at any time if they so choose. 

The only for sure offers are when they offer the Pre-approves with APR and CL, and even those have had a couple denials.

Message 9 of 14
rafy023
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

With Chase it's always going to be a HP. That offer just means that since you're already a member, your chances are good so long as you're under 5/24. And still credit worthy, meansin nothing has changes since applying for most recent CC, or their most recent SP.

Anyone can app any Chase card at any time if they so choose. 

The only for sure offers are when they offer the Pre-approves with APR and CL, and even those have had a couple denials.

Gotcha! I think I'll hold off then. Thanks for the info!

FICO 8 Scores
EX: 773
EQ: 784
TU: 772
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.