cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card App decision: "We are unable to verify your identification information"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple card "cannot verify ID"—TU report messed up?

So I apply for the Apple card because I know it's not a hard pull until I accept—I just want to see what they'd offer me now (if anything).

They ask for my photo ID. Then I wait. The next morning they call my iPhone but I miss the call. I call right back and they say that I have to wait for them to call me again. (I can't verify my info with them—it has to be them calling me.) But they never call back again. I re-apply (this time making sure my photo ID picture is very clear—not so sure I did well the first time). This time I get no call. Just an email saying "couldn't verify your identity."

I really don't want to go through a big bother right now of trying to get an Apple card because my score and report are kind of iffy. (Would probably try again in the Spring.) I mean, if they offered me a semi-decent SL I'd take it now, but there's no way of knowing that.

But I'm worried that my TU report is messed up because a few weeks ago I tried to get a full TU report from MyFICO and they had me call in to verify my info. I know this sometimes happens but before this, every time I applied for something using TU I had no problems. Recently WalletHub alerted me that recently some alternate spellings of my name were added. (Like "Smith,Jane" and "Jane F Smith"). Nothing too drastic and really nothing that SHOULD cause a problem but I didn't make any changes like that myself. Where did they come from?

What should I do now? I'm not desperate to get approved for an Apple card now, but eventually I'd like the option. However, if applying just puts me through this endless loop of not being able to verify my info (but they won't call me to verify that way—and I was told I couldn't call them), then it seems pointless. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Message 41 of 66
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Apple card "cannot verify ID"—TU report messed up?

Hi 

I suggest going to www.annualcreditreport.com and get all 3 of your credit reports, and go over them with a fine-tooth comb to correct any inaccuracies before this become a BIG deal.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 42 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

Hi 

I suggest going to www.annualcreditreport.com and get all 3 of your credit reports, and go over them with a fine-tooth comb to correct any inaccuracies before this become a BIG deal.

GL2U

Thanks. I got the annual report for TU—some very interesting stuff, but no alarm bells going off there. 

Since this is obviously an Apple Card / Goldman Sachs thing (hence this whole thread) I'll just wait 30 days (or longer!) and try again. I'm in no rush. Smiley LOL

Message 43 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CerebralZulu if I’m not mistaken, everywhere is required to take real IDs, that was the point of creating them. They’re not supposed to be able to refuse them anywhere to my understanding. If I’m incorrect, someone please correct me.
Message 44 of 66
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@CerebralZulu if I’m not mistaken, everywhere is required to take real IDs, that was the point of creating them. They’re not supposed to be able to refuse them anywhere to my understanding. If I’m incorrect, someone please correct me.

@Birdman technically they aren't refusing it I suppose. It appears to be more that their online verification isn't up to the latest standards. I would think they would allow you to go into a store or some alternate method for verification. Go figure Goldman Sachs.

Message 45 of 66
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

Apple Card review in progress?

decided to apply for Apple Card. Asked me to scan ID front and back hit continue button and get "review in my progress". Anyone else get this and the was approved? 
TU is 708 utilization is 4% and dti is 1%.

Current Scores

Message 46 of 66
donkort
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card review in progress?

Apple stated that you are automatically disapproved if you have under a 600 credit score--explicitly.

They also spoke of recent "past dues" (i.e., at least 30 days late), bankruptcy, other major derogs.

If a person has a 700 score with low utilization, I can't see the possibility of disapproval.  Maybe not a large credit line,though.  I sense this is a new card, and that want many applicants.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 47 of 66
donkort
Valued Contributor

Apple offered a $5,000 credit line.  I rejected it.

I didn't have to show them my ID.

My credit scores are in the high 700s, though they were in the high 600s 2 weeks ago.

Message 48 of 66
donkort
Valued Contributor

APR:  Almost 26%.  They were going by my past transgressions.

They are approving many with low credit scores.

I would apply.  It's only a soft pull unless you accept.

Message 49 of 66
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone know if Apple has fixed there issues with new state IDs with holographic features?

Message 50 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.