cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

received an invite for the X1 card today.

tag
tjs19593
New Contributor

received an invite for the X1 card today.

I received an invite for the X1 today. I believe I am going to pass as I received a AMEX Delta Reserve card about 2 months ago. Am I missing the boat on the X1? Any info would be awesome.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

Re: received an invite for the X1 card today.

Considering how deep in you are with AMEX/Chase I don't see how you would get added value from an X1 card.

If I had your lineup there is no way I'd take an X1 card.

3/3/24
Message 2 of 11
Bill77
Regular Contributor

I never understood the hype or value with the X1 card.

Message 3 of 11
tjs19593
New Contributor

Thanks! You confirmed my feeling on this. 

Message 4 of 11
tjs19593
New Contributor

The more I looked into the appealing it was for my particular situation.

Message 5 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Bill77 wrote:

big cl's for those that mainly don't have them and it is metal is the only thing i see people are intrigued about it.  

Message 6 of 11
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Bill77 wrote:

big cl's for those that mainly don't have them and it is metal is the only thing i see people are intrigued about it.  

When it first came out, it was about huge credit limits without taking a HP on your credit. A lot of us got in during that time and honestly it wasn't such a bad deal then. The points/cash back is a nice bonus. The problem is when you are in deep with say AMEX where you have multiple cards funneling points and rewards back to you the X1 card doesn't fit into that at all.

3/3/24
Message 7 of 11
SDMarik
Established Contributor

They were known for some juicy starting limits, and your credit score was not as important as your income. The rewards used to be sort of limited as to where you can use them as well, this might have changed though. Also, they got popular for being known to issue cards without a hard pull, however there have been a bunch of data points that show it is not always the case.

"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 8 of 11
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

My X1 limit is 25.5k (no hp) which is only 1/4 of my highest limit BoA Premium Rewards card and I've been using it for the 5x boosts.  I do like the fact that as soon as you spend, the points are immediate.  If you can use the points in their categories, it's great with the 5x and the 10x at places like Nordstroms, etc.  Cash back is only .07pp.  As long as I am getting 5x and 10x, I'll continue to use it.  Honestly, I haven't even used my amex cards a whole lot recently and I have Platinum, Gold, Green, Cash Magnet, Everyday and BBP.   I have also been using my Chase Amazon Prime a whole lot for the 5%.  I need to throw some charges on my Discover, NFCU and PenFed cards but I keep doing the "boost" for the 5x on the X1.

Message 9 of 11
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Lou-natic wrote:

Considering how deep in you are with AMEX/Chase I don't see how you would get added value from an X1 card.

If I had your lineup there is no way I'd take an X1 card.

I agree with @Lou-natic OP. Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.