Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

us bank offer in mail

tag
JcT21
Frequent Contributor

us bank offer in mail

i bank with us bank.    today i got an offer saying im "pre selected" for their visa signature card.    the offer is good until november 27th.   i got an offer code to enter at the acceptance website given, which is usbank.com/myoffer

did they do a soft pull to pre qualify me or is this one of those random invitations to apply things?    not sure if pre selected is on the same level is pre qualified or pre approved.    even though im almost a year out of my bk13 and enjoying a successful rebuild, my scores arent horrible, but i dont think they are quite good enough for us bank, but i could be wrong.  i often am Smiley Frustrated

fico scores - March 2024:
TU - 727 | EX - 732 | EQ - 736 |
TCL - 168K - UTIL - less than 1%
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: us bank offer in mail

Pre-selected is not on the same level as pre-qualify. That’s not to say you won’t get the card. There are enough people on here with US Bank accounts that should be able to help you. I don’t have a US Bank account. Good Luck to you.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@JcT21,

I am probably wrong more than you? .. Well pretty much that is guaranteed (the wrong part).

US Bank is a "Relationship" bank. My thoughts are; "IF" your credit profile has not changed too much,

since they pre-selected you, you could stand a good chance. Having said that,

I would wait for a few other opinions on what you are asking.

Message 3 of 7
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You passed a basic screening that looked at some type of demographic or other criteria that they considered consistent with people they want applying for the card.  It could be something as simple as something like "give me the names of all of our customers in zip code ABCDE that have a TU 8 FICO score above 660 but don't currently have a US Bank credit card".   In a general sense you would have higher odds of approval than some random applicant but it isn't a preapproval nor would it for example necessarily override something in your credit profile that would normally trigger an automatic denial.

Offer codes are generally little more than an easy way to track which mailers and how many of them that were sent out triggered an application.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@JcT21 wrote:

i bank with us bank.    today i got an offer saying im "pre selected" for their visa signature card.    the offer is good until november 27th.   i got an offer code to enter at the acceptance website given, which is usbank.com/myoffer

did they do a soft pull to pre qualify me or is this one of those random invitations to apply things?    not sure if pre selected is on the same level is pre qualified or pre approved.    even though im almost a year out of my bk13 and enjoying a successful rebuild, my scores arent horrible, but i dont think they are quite good enough for us bank, but i could be wrong.  i often am Smiley Frustrated

When did you file BK?  

US Bank requires a minimum of 5 years from filling before they will consider application, and they aren't exactly BK friendly. 

Message 5 of 7
PlumberGuy

I am in a similar situation, I found your post looking for the same answer.  In fact I've been lurking the forums here for forever, and your question finally prompted me to start an account so I could reply!  

Anyways, my invitation that arrived in the mail is for the US bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card.  I checked all three credit reports, US Bank did a SP of Equifax on October 11, 2021.  Letter arrived today.  The SP is pretty recent, I don't know if it is related to the notice in the mail but it was the only SP I have ever had from US bank that I know of.  FYI I have been banking with them for about 5 years now and have a checking, savings, two business checking, and a secured CC with them that is two years old. My credit isn't great but it is getting better fast - TU 667, EQ 679, EX 754 (some baddies finally fell off of EX).

That being said, I hope this info helps you decide whether to pull the trigger or not.  Keep us updated!  Heck I might pull the trigger and let you know how it works out on my end.

UPDATE:  Just pulled the trigger, under review 7-10 days, I'll let you know how it works out.

Message 6 of 7
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Hi you can call US credit umderwriting at 1 800 94 1444 ask for recom, but if you have more then one inquiry or open more then 2 accounts in the past 12 months them it is  automatic turn and underwriting will most likly not over ride decision, good luck.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.