Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when to apply for amex platinum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

when to apply for amex platinum

about 6 months ago, i applied for a PRG, and was denied. about a week later, i applied for the chase sapphire preferred, and was approved. my scores have jumped probably 30 points each, and all hover around 750. the only real knock on my credit history is that it's short. i'm 22, and i've only had 2 cards and one auto loan. the first card, i never used, due to my lack of trust in my spending habits, so i cancelled it. what i'm wondering is, when would be a good time to apply for the amex platinum. and in case you're wondering why i'm wanting the platinum over the PRG, the perks just seem more beneficial to me than the perks on the PRG

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: when to apply for amex platinum

When to apply for amex platinum?

I would wait until the 100k offer comes back around.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

how often does that happen? as i mentioned, i'm new to the credit game lol

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

how often does that happen? as i mentioned, i'm new to the credit game lol

It was just available a week or two ago, but I believe it expired already. Have you tried their pre-qual to see what offers come up for you?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

nothing ever comes up on prequal. it says, "Hello, *****. We could not find Pre-Qualified Offers for you at this time. Based on your interests, we recommend the following Cards for you"

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

nothing ever comes up on prequal. it says, "Hello, *****. We could not find Pre-Qualified Offers for you at this time. Based on your interests, we recommend the following Cards for you"

Hmm... Well I still think it's worth waiting for the 100k offer, because Amex only allows you to get the bonus offer on each card once per lifetime. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

ahh patience...my mortal enemy lol

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

ahh patience...my mortal enemy lol

Ha ha, mine too Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol when people ask me my financial goals, my response is always "i just wanna get rich...tomorrow" lol

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

as long as you'll use the perks and can swing the annual fee, deff wait until the 100k offer rolls around again, it will, just have to catch it.  Keep monitoring these forums and someone will post when it comes back around.  good luck. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.