cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which Navy fed typically gives a higher credit limit approval?

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: which Navy fed typically gives a higher credit limit approval?

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 

thank you for the advice and knowledge! 

Do you know if navy fed auto denies for a certain amount of inquiries?

@Anonymous,

My last two NFCU cards were approved with 28-32/24 Inquiries and tons of new accounts.

So IMHO,  I do not feel they are Inq. sensitive.

In This link, is another link to actual approval of The Flagship >>>> and The Platinum.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/NFCU-Flagship-Visa-4000-00-quot-SP-quot-CLI-Approved/m-p/6047777#M685098

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @M_Smart007 you have been so helpful. 

Message 12 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you @M_Smart007 you have been so helpful. 

Thank you @Anonymous , and Welcome to the forumsSmiley Happy

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

In theory the limits should be the same between them. NFCU just has a higher bar to entry for the Flagship with the $5K minimum. If it's your first card, I would go for the Platinum to try to avoid a denial unless you have been a member for some time. There have been people with FICOs in the 800s who got declined the Flagship as their first card. 

And this is YEMV, because I had a score in the 600s (680 I think?) and got approved for flagship last year as my first card with a 15k SL.... Don't want to steer you wrong, but it is YEMV. (And no my profile wasn't particularly strong last year)  

Message 14 of 21
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In theory the limits should be the same between them. NFCU just has a higher bar to entry for the Flagship with the $5K minimum. If it's your first card, I would go for the Platinum to try to avoid a denial unless you have been a member for some time. There have been people with FICOs in the 800s who got declined the Flagship as their first card. 

And this is YEMV, because I had a score in the 600s (680 I think?) and got approved for flagship last year as my first card with a 15k SL.... Don't want to steer you wrong, but it is YEMV. (And no my profile wasn't particularly strong last year)  

@Anonymous were you a brand new navy member as well?  I've heard of first card FS approvals, but only in the case where there had been an existing navy relationship.  Just curious, thanks!

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous were you a brand new navy member as well?  I've heard of first card FS approvals, but only in the case where there had been an existing navy relationship.  Just curious, thanks!

I had been a member all of two months. Only had a savings account. 

Message 16 of 21
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous 

Being that you've been a member with nfcu and already have a cash rewards card I would recommend applying for Platinum card. I to been a member with nfcu since 2012 and got a invitation to apply for Platinum got instant approval $25,000 and recently received auto Cli to $30,000 good luck on either card. 

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gingerflower 

Congrats on that $5K auto increase! Navy loves you!! Heart

Message 18 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@gingerflower wrote:

@Anonymous 

Being that you've been a member with nfcu and already have a cash rewards card I would recommend applying for Platinum card. I to been a member with nfcu since 2012 and got a invitation to apply for Platinum got instant approval $25,000 and recently received auto Cli to $30,000 good luck on either card. 

@gingerflower, Congrats on your Auto-CLISmiley Happy

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Just wanted to update- 

I applied for the platinum, only received a CL of $900.

Did not move forward with asking for a CLI on my cash rewards. 

I needed to make a large purchase so I went ahead and applied for a personal loan and was approved for my asking of 10k. 

Thanks for all the advice. 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.