Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which furniture stores likely to approve with 650 credit score

tag
wendlan
Regular Contributor

Re: which furniture stores likely to approve with 650 credit score

I went into Ashley Furniture and asked about other programs since I was denied. They had a program called Genesis Credit which I was approved. Mine was 12 months interest free and I ordered about $2900 in furniture.It has to be paid off in 12 months or the finane charge kicks in at 29.99%, $243 a month for 12 months, I ws very pleased! They say you can be approved for 6-12 month term of interest free financing.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure you really like the furniture pieces first. 

Makes it easier to make payments whether on a normal CC or store CC easier if you really liked it.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

MAKE SUE YOU PAY IN FULL PRIOR TO THE 12 MONTH TERM ENDING !!!! Sorry for the caps but it's SOOOOOOO important you are paid in full before the 12 month free financing ends. If not, they will charge you the 29.99% interest from your initial purchase on day one NOT simply the balance. That's how the get so many people. If at the end of the 12 month's you have a small balance, they'll charge you interest on the entire purchase from day one, so overnight on day number 12 month's and 1 day, you'll be slammed with hundreds of dollars in finance fee's. It'll make you SCREAM !!!!
I had Lasix surgery for 5K 0% financing for 24 month's. My last payment was 10 day's late and I lost the "0% financing" and got slammed. I had to pay it or risk my credit. Ended up costing me over $500.00 in financing fee's / interest.

In your case with almost 30% interest and 3K in furniture, you'd be looking at approximately $900.00 being added to your purchase on day 366. Do not be a day late on your monthly bill for ANY reason or you'll instantly lose your free financing. I can't stress this enough. These companies count on consumers screwing up. The free financing entices some people to buy more than the can afford. After a few month's they go late on a payment or can't PIF prior to the program ending. That's how they make their money. Your 3K in furniture just cost you 30% more. It's crazy. I don't want to sound like an alarmist but, please don't become a victim. While not quite as bad as places like "Aarons" or "Rent to Own", all these lender's are piranhas just waiting to pounce on you. Be forewarned.
Good luck !!!!
Message 13 of 19
_NERD
Established Contributor

Found this thread on Google while trying to get out of my predicament. I have a Genesis Ashley Furniture account. 6k limit opened in the store last June when I was declined for the Synchrony Ashley account online.

I went there to buy a sofa I didn't really need at the time, but because of my shock at getting the 6K SL, I purchased a TempurPedic bed with frame, pillows ($100/ea) and some BedGear accessories.

Total amount financed: $4,200. I have two or three statements left or the $1,259.58 deferred interest will kick in.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wendlan wrote:

About to close on our home and need some new furniture and matresses,which furniture store is most likely to approve with 647-653 credit scores? Also should I apply online ahead of time? We have Ashley furniture,Bobs furniture,Raymour and Flanigan to name a few.

You might try Conn's if you have one near you.  Their stock is limited in my opinion though.  They are super easy approval.  Ashley's has more to choose from and some decent sales.  Approval shouldn't be too hard with them. You might try Wayfair online with the SCT but with a new address it might not work.  Good luck and enjoy your new home.

Message 15 of 19
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I dont know what "type" of furnature you are looking for but Lowes sells some home furnishings. They are Synchrony and not that hard to apply for

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 16 of 19
crrredit
Established Contributor

You can find a lot of furniture on Overstock. They offer special financing on large purchases as well. The only problem is getting a big enough balance to make buying furniture possible. I got my Overstock six months before I moved, so by the time I was ready to buy furniture I had moved from $500 to $1750. Go around to the furniture stores and find what you like then try to find it or similar styles online. You can find some Ashley Signature furniture on Overstock as well as Amazon and Wayfair.

Message 17 of 19
_NERD
Established Contributor

Stay away from Ashley Furniture stores. The same products in their stores cost much less on the Ashley Furniture website. I paid over $600 for my flimsy bed frame, and it was charged to my account piece by piece (headboard, price. Footboard, price. Each side rail, price). The entire bedframe was only just over $300 on the Ashley Furniture website with free shipping.

The Ashley Furniture website offers the Synchrony Ashley Advantage card. I was denied & had to go into a local Ashley store to apply for the Genesis surprise card. I didn't know then what I know today about the differences in these revolving accounts.

Best of luck.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 18 of 19
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I had an Ashley cc with a $1500 SL.  Card got closed down for inactivity - 14 months.  I musta passed that store like 10x a week easy and never went inside. ( ok got this card as part of a Synch marathon where i got approved for 5 cards same day. )

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.