Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which travel card will fit my profile best

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: which travel card will fit my profile best

Thank you everyone,
I checked the pre qualify pages, and Amex and Capital One are the only ones that prequalify me. Amex for the gold and blue cash and Capital One for quicksilver. However, my 6th chase slate statement closes tomorrow and considering that I have savings with chase for 8 months already, I hope to get the green check mark for CSP when I log in into my chase account. I would like to get a card with at least 5k SL. Otherwise, I think I’ll stick to my prequalified offers, just to be on the safe side.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have only 6 months of credit card history? CSP is a reach, don't apply.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I have just received the update on my fico score - 742. I still have not decided what to do, as I was waiting for the score to update. I would appreciate your advice on what to do in this case. 

Thanks

Message 13 of 19
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have just received the update on my fico score - 742. I still have not decided what to do, as I was waiting for the score to update. I would appreciate your advice on what to do in this case. 

Thanks

1. I would go for the Citi Premier, which I mentioned to you earlier. If you get declined for that, then I guess the Amex Gold, which others have mentioned, although as an Amex card it's not accepted everywhere.

2. I think you would like the Chase Sapphire Preferred or Reserve but I don't think you have enough of a track record to get an approval for those out of Chase yet. But since you're already a Chase account holder, you should check for a preapproval. If you're prequalified, then definitely go for one of those. Otherwise you'd probably be wasting one or two hard pulls.

3. I like the Barclays Arrival Plus and the Capital One Venture, but I hate Barclays and I hate Capital One. So I don't know what to say about that. Maybe you should consider trying for one of those.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response! Will share my luck, once I decide which one to go for!

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about asking Chase for an upgrade to the Sapphire? Your income would support it.

I’d call and see if they’d do it.

Congrats on the degree!
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to a chase branch and have a banker check your preapprovals.  In branch are pretty solid. 

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

This.

Your income and spending pattern justifies a CSP or CSR, even at minimum limits. Plus you have a relationship with Chase already.
Message 18 of 19
luxlight
Regular Contributor

That used to be possible but its no longer the case. If you do that, you may get approved for both cards but a couple days later,  chase will either auto close the second card or let you choose which one to close

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 743 [2 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 753 [4 Inquiries]

AAoA = 2 years, AAoOA = 3 year 1 months

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.