cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will 18 hard EXP inquiries deter a CLI request?

tag
elixerin
Established Contributor

will 18 hard EXP inquiries deter a CLI request?

particularly asking for amex 3x, but also curious on Discover and chase if anyone can drop some insight.. Much appreciated

im 18/14/10 over 24mo rn on inqs..

approved on AMEX in Nov with 15 EXP 714 score
9 REPLIES 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: will 18 hard EXP inquiries deter a CLI request?

It has disqualified me in the past, specifically. It's the reason I'm gardening.

Message 2 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You had multiple denials prior to the card being approved.
What were the reasons for denial?
While not directly related, they might provide some insight in how they view your profile.

With that said, it will be a SP, so no harm in asking.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will certainly be taken into consideration, and that many may seem exessive. Though some profiles may be able to weather it more than others. 

Did those HPs come with new accounts/CLIs or denials?

If we're talking about SP CLIs, then I'd say there's nothing to lose. Except waiting time.

Message 4 of 10
elixerin
Established Contributor

only 3 of the HP’s came with revolving accounts lol, and apple card one of my now three is only showing TU not EXP so really only 2 amex sees

my 61d is Jan 8 so cant wait to see tbh, do i wait for the EXP in amex app to update with the new account? plus itll be a 1% uti but i have 1% of $2000 already on there with score of 702 now.. not sure if 1% of $6000 makes any difference other than new tradeline for 2 months and overall age...

gonna check previous apps to find out reason for those denials although pretty sure that it was length of revolving history..

edit: just checked app statuses and it shows denial but won’t let me access for some reason cause of an error, not sure whats up there.

thanks for replies all
Message 5 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Amex soft pulls are a month or two behind

Message 6 of 10
elixerin
Established Contributor

yeah Earl thats true, i see amex last updated FICO in app on December 6th (my last closing), hopefully my assumption that it updates every closing is accurate in which case i hope they pull the most recent come CLI Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 10
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

I got declined on my Home Depot account because of too many inquiries, and I had 3 less on EX. I had one less on TU and EQ. It doesn’t matter if I’d the CLI is a SP. At least you won’t get an HP for a decline. My Home Depot account was an HP which sucks.

Message 8 of 10
elixerin
Established Contributor

wanted to update my initial post.. was approved for Plat since and magnet was in fact increased from 4k to 12k Smiley Happy

DPs:
702 EXP
1% overall usage
exactly 61 days since opening
same inquiries as above
1y2mo overall age as of Jan 2020
Message 9 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As the OP has indicated they've been approved, this thread is now locked and closed to new messages.

Thanks for the update OP.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.