cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will taking the J.Crew card through cart trick improve my chance of a Crate & Barrel card?

tag
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

Re: will taking the J.Crew card through cart trick improve my chance of a Crate & Barrel card?

@Anonymous wrote:

@dobirdsmommy wrote:

C&B  does not do SCT.

As someone who just got her chops busted by Chase yesterday for all the comenity cards I have just be cautious about getting too many of them!

What did they say?

The post is under the approvals for Slate Recon. They questioned why I need the slate card when I have 19 comenity bank cards and what was my reasoning for having them. She said thats alot of payments to make per month. and I said does my income not warrant 19x25 per month? Which I know it does.

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: will taking the J.Crew card through cart trick improve my chance of a Crate & Barrel card?

I just got jcrew today and the approval amount is a jip! I cannot even buy one thing without maxing it out so Im not sure what I should do with it. 

Message 12 of 13
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

Last year, I too fell into the SCT hysteria. I was approved for 4 of them and now I barely use them at all since I have Walmart and Amazon.

The starting limits are really low $250. It took almost a year to get a CLI up to $650 after 9 mos then finally to $1050. If you think about it, $250 to $1050 isn't bad and it does show a payment history when you purchase something and let it hit your statement.  I feel establishing a history did help me get the bigger cards, but now I am considering closing 3 of the cards because I don't use them.

I feel having one of these cards is OK, but try to get the scores up for the bigger cards with bigger limits. Some folks were able to get their JCrew limits really high.  I couldn't imagine having 19 cards. WOW that's pretty amazing!

Starting Score: Jan 2014 EQ: 595 TU: 575 EX: 550
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ: 615 TU: 650 EX: 643
Goal Score: Hoping to join the 700 Club this year!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.