cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Denial leads to new Navy Fed TShirt :)

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: 1 Denial leads to new Navy Fed TShirt :)

Thanks Bpebbles, now im still trying to convince my dad that Navy will hook him up. His bk falls off in Jan 18 but we all know how Navy helps rebuilders. Cant wait til he takes a leap of faith. Lol, i even told him go read up on Navy at myfico and if he runs across AVJ, welp, thats meSmiley Wink

Thanks BizarroSmiley Happy, this journey has been insaneSmiley Wink
Message 31 of 46
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thanks Bpebbles, now im still trying to convince my dad that Navy will hook him up. His bk falls off in Jan 18 but we all know how Navy helps rebuilders. Cant wait til he takes a leap of faith. Lol, i even told him go read up on Navy at myfico and if he runs across AVJ, welp, thats meSmiley Wink

Be patient with your Dad.  I'm sure he'll come around.  Dad's can be funny like that - they need to "discover" things on their own (or sometimes, they need to believe its kinda their idea).  Hang in there!

Message 32 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great Job!!! Congrats on your Navy approval; nice SL
Message 33 of 46
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congratulations buddy

Message 34 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job, Joseph! I am itching to apply for the low rate Platinum. My Cash Rewards is my go to card. Love NFCU!!!!!

Message 35 of 46
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@peghede wrote:

Good work m8, next time try to get to the point faster .lol

Smiley LOL

You have to hand it to AJC.

Took some extreme advice and puts that into practice to keep pressing right on.

And it looks like it's working out Smiley Very Happy  Congrats! on that AJC!

Message 36 of 46
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Dad, i wish i had the low rate on my Platinum but maybe in a year when i ask for an apr reduxSmiley Wink

CM7, thanks , now looking to see if i can channel my inner Magic to garden like its 1999Smiley Wink
Message 37 of 46
peghede
Valued Contributor

Wrong, you don't garden when banks and cu are throwing money your way like its "1999".lol

Message 38 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!! You are a trooper for sure. Instead of being discouraged by the denial you went forward and were able to secure an awesome Navy addition. That is AWESOME!!

You deserve it! Congrats. Love the story on how it all went down. It was a fun read 😃
Message 39 of 46
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thanks Dad, i wish i had the low rate on my Platinum but maybe in a year when i ask for an apr reduxSmiley Wink

CM7, thanks , now looking to see if i can channel my inner Magic to garden like its 1999Smiley Wink

I can only offer some insight by sharing my experience with gardening, but it goes something like this.

Starting out did the usual by apping with some approvals and some denials, to be expected right?

Then hit the garden for only 3-4 months at a time and right back at it again. You have to build a card deck and it doesn't get build with much there obviously.

Then as your score inches up and some history grows on the reports you make more strategic choices for those cards that expect will grow with you for the long term.

At some point you make it to 6 months instead of 30, 60, or 90 days gardening before coming out.

It is a painfully long ordeal and process but there is no other way. After all that jockeying in and out of gardening while securing useful card accounts in between FICO scores begin take on a much less erratic pattern (you can predict expectations) given all other elements are kept acceptable, INQ's not so much but Utility/Balances more so.

When you make a decision to go long term gardening (6 months onward) that's when you can see not only steady increase in your FICO Score but often times larger growth in CLI's too.

It's a dance and we learn by dancing to the tune we like best. Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.