cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 month app spree would love some feedback from more experienced members!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 month app spree would love some feedback from more experienced members!

1 month app spree would love some feedback from more experienced members!I am very new to credit VERY new meaning I have 6 months of credit history. I received my Fico scores on the 1st of March exactly 6 statements later. Most everyone says wait a year or more importantly wait 2yrs. At least for the best offers with the best rates. Anywho I am a adventures kind of dude and following my knew scores witch originally were 737EX  731EQ 712TU roughly 1 inquiry on each report I think from CapOne Secured. So the spree started with American express one of the lenders I want my foot in the door with. I was getting no prequalified offers however on their site. I have heard the Delta card is easiest to get. So I decided to try their prequalified link. Sure enough I get a laundry list of cards with offers pretty much all of them. But it specifically said me name "congrats you been pre approved for Delta gold" It also said check out the list of other cards I was able to get. I went with the Gold. The starting limit was only 1k. But hey my foot is in the door so I am not complaining. I always PIF before statement so I would assume I will get a CLI in the next couple months. After that I received both a letter and a Email about the Verizon Synq backed visa card. I have had horrid luck with Sync first with the Amazon prime card that said it couldn't verify the source of application. Witch it didn't even do a HP. Then with the Verizon card. The letter came back some days later with my Credit score only being 636 (not accurate.) I shrugged it off and the following weekend I prequalified for the Discover it card. Of witch I was approved with a SL of 5k! now were talking! I was very happy with that considering my oldest account is only 6 months old. Next runner up on this spree was X1 I received a invitation code but I ran into issues (no fico at the time of original app) But with a bit of difficult recon I was able to get x1 to unfreeze me declined app of witch I tried again and was given a SL of 8.5K! Even better! To end this month long spree I was reading about the SOFI credit card, (I already have a SOFI account) but I keep no cash in the account. I use relay and have 13+ banking accounts and brokerage accounts linked as well as nominal $50< in a investment account with them. Mainly all points from referrals. Anywho I was also approved with SOFI with a SL of 1K. No to shabby in one month with a CLI on my CapOne Card I was able to get $16K in new credit extended to me. I am pretty proud of how much I was able to accomplish in such a short amount of time. My 7th statement has not ever been reported yet! So credit Gurus how am I doing is this pretty decent for a 26yr old with 6 months of history??

Tradelines:

8-21 CapOne Plat SL 200.00 > CLI Mar 2022 to 500.00

11-21 Kickoff 500.00 SL Loan amount $24 12 month term

11-21 Extra Debit/Credit SL 300.00 CLI Dec 21 to 3,000.00

11-21 Pedal SL 500.00 

03-22 American Express DG SL 1k 

03-22 Discover it SL 5k

03-22 X1 SL 8.5k

03-22 Sofi CC SL 1k

Others:

HBO self reporting (Boost)

Affirm 18 month loan (will report hasn't yet)

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: 1 moth app spree would love some feedback from more experienced memebers!

Very nice start. that discover card 5k sl is a beauty. i agree at 2 years real quality offers will avail themselves and you can app with more confidence. about 2 years past my bk7 dc i started getting real nice cards like savor 1, nfcu cr, penfed pcr,  and comenity rewards mc.

Discover was my first quality card 3k sl at about 1 1/2 years post bk7 dc, you are way ahead of the game getting that disco so soon and the sl is excellent. 

Remember good credit is a marathon not a sprint.

Be patient, dont force things. with more time and account aging and a proven record of credit worthyness many doors will open to you. 

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 2 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: 1 month app spree would love some feedback from more experienced members!

Not bad. Now its time to take a break and let all this new stuff age for at least a year. Dont go with the approval fever and grab anything and everything out there. More credit doesnt mean higher scores. You got the rebuild bonus 3+ cards and only need 1 loan. Next year scores will rebound and better things can come your way.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

Agree that Discover limit is a beauty, but as a young file with 4 brand new lines of credit, the garden should be shouting your name. Smiley LOL

There are 28 different FICO scores, so the 636 is probably one you don't have access to.

Message 4 of 14
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

1 month app spree would love some feedback from more experienced members!I am very new to credit VERY new meaning I have 6 months of credit history. I received my Fico scores on the 1st of March exactly 6 statements later. Most everyone says wait a year or more importantly wait 2yrs. At least for the best offers with the best rates. Anywho I am a adventures kind of dude and following my knew scores witch originally were 737EX  731EQ 712TU roughly 1 inquiry on each report I think from CapOne Secured. So the spree started with American express one of the lenders I want my foot in the door with. I was getting no prequalified offers however on their site. I have heard the Delta card is easiest to get. So I decided to try their prequalified link. Sure enough I get a laundry list of cards with offers pretty much all of them. But it specifically said me name "congrats you been pre approved for Delta gold" It also said check out the list of other cards I was able to get. I went with the Gold. The starting limit was only 1k. But hey my foot is in the door so I am not complaining. I always PIF before statement so I would assume I will get a CLI in the next couple months. After that I received both a letter and a Email about the Verizon Synq backed visa card. I have had horrid luck with Sync first with the Amazon prime card that said it couldn't verify the source of application. Witch it didn't even do a HP. Then with the Verizon card. The letter came back some days later with my Credit score only being 636 (not accurate.) I shrugged it off and the following weekend I prequalified for the Discover it card. Of witch I was approved with a SL of 5k! now were talking! I was very happy with that considering my oldest account is only 6 months old. Next runner up on this spree was X1 I received a invitation code but I ran into issues (no fico at the time of original app) But with a bit of difficult recon I was able to get x1 to unfreeze me declined app of witch I tried again and was given a SL of 8.5K! Even better! To end this month long spree I was reading about the SOFI credit card, (I already have a SOFI account) but I keep no cash in the account. I use relay and have 13+ banking accounts and brokerage accounts linked as well as nominal $50< in a investment account with them. Mainly all points from referrals. Anywho I was also approved with SOFI with a SL of 1K. No to shabby in one month with a CLI on my CapOne Card I was able to get $16K in new credit extended to me. I am pretty proud of how much I was able to accomplish in such a short amount of time. My 7th statement has not ever been reported yet! So credit Gurus how am I doing is this pretty decent for a 26yr old with 6 months of history??

Congrats but now it's time to slow WAY down and let these age. Wait at least a year to apply for anything else and use and PIF these accts while you wait. For best results on the AmEx wait 91 Days to request that CLI you're already talking about. Remember credit building and re-building is Marathon not a sprint.

As too what I highlight in RED, your scores and where you say the "636 is not correct" that I assuming that statement is based on the other scores of 737EX, 731EQ, 712TU that you posted. Hate to tell you but the 636 very well could be correct as it depends 1. on where you got your scores from and if they are true FICO scores, 2. If so which FICO version as there are several all of which have different scoring methods and results 3. Which Scoring Model Sync used.

Message 5 of 14
bigseegar
Established Contributor

I see you posted this same Question in the "Credit Cards" Forum as well. I gave my opinion on it there.

Message 6 of 14
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@bigseegar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats but now it's time to slow WAY down and let these age. Wait at least a year to apply for anything else and use and PIF these accts while you wait. For best results on the AmEx wait 91 Days to request that CLI you're already talking about. Remember credit building and re-building is Marathon not a sprint.

As too what I highlight in RED, your scores and where you say the "636 is not correct" that I assuming that statement is based on the other scores of 737EX, 731EQ, 712TU that you posted. Hate to tell you but the 636 very well could be correct as it depends 1. on where you got your scores from and if they are true FICO scores, 2. If so which FICO version as there are several all of which have different scoring methods and results 3. Which Scoring Model Sync used.

Sync uses VantageScore 4.0

Message 7 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Some pretty good approvals for you with such a short credit history! I would now sit back in the garden and let these all grow.

Message 8 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Pretty decent array of cards that should set your future profile for improvements. So yes time to make use/PIF then wait matters out over time to seat your profile solidly enough where it can benefit you better.

Message 9 of 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your Approvals!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.