$10K DCU CLI via offer, but EQ HP

tag
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

Re: $10K DCU CLI via offer, but EQ HP

@coldfusion wrote:

@KLEXH25 wrote:

@Cory88 wrote:

I fell like that I had saw that 10k was the max CL with a SP. So if you had 5k CL and was offered 10k that would put you at 15k CL if you took the full 10k and that would be a HP but if you only took 5k for a total of 10k you would get only a SP. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

That's an interesting thought. I did go from $5k to $10k with no HP, and I even refinanced my auto loan with a SP preapproval from them. I wonder if anything has changed or if it's a YMMV kinda situation. 

ETA - so I just checked my account, and sure enough I have the same thing. It says I'm preapproved for up to $10,000 (which is what my limit already is), so I guess anything after that will require a HP. I wonder if $10k is the SP limit (as mentioned above), or if there are instances of higher preapprovals.

I also noticed that it lists a lower APR of 8.5%, which is the minimum (mine is currently 9.5%).

Mind you, the Visa CLI was NOT present just a few days ago. In fact, it was gone altogether. I thought these were only refreshed once a quarter?

Traditionally offers were extended once per quarter but they did do a site refresh last weekend; this could have been a one-off or perhaps they have modified their cadence.  Time will tell.

btw a 9.5% APR means you probably have the standard Platinum card.  I have a Platinum Rewards card, so they must be extending offers to both card types.

There have been members here reporting limits of > $10K here before so I'll have to search to see if there is any data to be mined.

I think the "up to" part would be that after that it would be a HP, I dunno. Maybe on the new system they ALWAYS do a HP now I hope not that has changed but time will tell.

Message 21 of 32
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Cory88 wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@KLEXH25 wrote:

@Cory88 wrote:

I fell like that I had saw that 10k was the max CL with a SP. So if you had 5k CL and was offered 10k that would put you at 15k CL if you took the full 10k and that would be a HP but if you only took 5k for a total of 10k you would get only a SP. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

That's an interesting thought. I did go from $5k to $10k with no HP, and I even refinanced my auto loan with a SP preapproval from them. I wonder if anything has changed or if it's a YMMV kinda situation. 

ETA - so I just checked my account, and sure enough I have the same thing. It says I'm preapproved for up to $10,000 (which is what my limit already is), so I guess anything after that will require a HP. I wonder if $10k is the SP limit (as mentioned above), or if there are instances of higher preapprovals.

I also noticed that it lists a lower APR of 8.5%, which is the minimum (mine is currently 9.5%).

Mind you, the Visa CLI was NOT present just a few days ago. In fact, it was gone altogether. I thought these were only refreshed once a quarter?

Traditionally offers were extended once per quarter but they did do a site refresh last weekend; this could have been a one-off or perhaps they have modified their cadence.  Time will tell.

btw a 9.5% APR means you probably have the standard Platinum card.  I have a Platinum Rewards card, so they must be extending offers to both card types.

There have been members here reporting limits of > $10K here before so I'll have to search to see if there is any data to be mined.

I think the "up to" part would be that after that it would be a HP, I dunno. Maybe on the new system they ALWAYS do a HP now I hope not that has changed but time will tell.

Glad I got the pre-approved (no HP) Auto Loan just before the new system if that is the case. Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 22 of 32
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I spent over an hour on hold🙄Finally hung up. Just wanted to check status , I got no email ,nothing on my account still at 10K. The screen was just so weird after I "accepted  offer",  I should have taken  a pic. I thought I would get an email or something . I hate the new website 😂

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 23 of 32
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

I spent over an hour on hold🙄Finally hung up. Just wanted to check status , I got no email ,nothing on my account still at 10K. The screen was just so weird after I "accepted  offer",  I should have taken  a pic. I thought I would get an email or something . I hate the new website 😂

I think everyone hates the new website! What a pain to see your accounts and pay a bill.

Message 24 of 32
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Cory88 wrote:

The "up to" part was what wasn't clear - was the offer to increase the CL up to $10K CL, or was the offer to extend a CLI of up to $10K?

Given that my CL was already at $10K an extended offer to increase the CL up to $10K wouldn't have made a lot of sense so I figured I would spin the wheel and create a data point.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 25 of 32
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Cory88 wrote:

The "up to" part was what wasn't clear - was the offer to increase the CL up to $10K CL, or was the offer to extend a CLI of up to $10K?

Given that my CL was already at $10K an extended offer to increase the CL up to $10K wouldn't have made a lot of sense so I figured I would spin the wheel and create a data point.

Yes I took it as "offer to increase your CL" as that is how it read to me since I already have the card and it stated CLI🙄

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 26 of 32
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations @coldfusion on your DCU CLI Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

I have noticed since the new website launched that when I review offers....I am not preapproved for any..I haven't been for a while...but I ALSO noticed that for the CC it used to be listed like "Credit Limit Increase" with the green APPLY NOW button...since the new website launched...all the "Apply Now" offers are still there EXCEPT the Credit Card...it's not even offered to me to apply.  I guess my sock drawer may be TOO deep and I should fluff it up! 

Message 27 of 32
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

MF refactored my EQ FICO 8 score  - no change.   I had expected to lose a few FICOs.

I had kudo'd a lot of posts but I do want to thank everyone for the congrats.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 28 of 32
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

That's terrific!!  Congratulations @coldfusion on your DCU CLI Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

I have noticed since the new website launched that when I review offers....I am not preapproved for any..I haven't been for a while...but I ALSO noticed that for the CC it used to be listed like "Credit Limit Increase" with the green APPLY NOW button...since the new website launched...all the "Apply Now" offers are still there EXCEPT the Credit Card...it's not even offered to me to apply.  I guess my sock drawer may be TOO deep and I should fluff it up! 

Mine disappeared as well, but it eventually came back. I think the new system is still "settling in."

Message 29 of 32
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Yesterday I had pre-approved offer for 10K CLI but today is gone! No chance of even applying for it! But still have few other pre-approvals!

Perhaps that was an error in the new site! Or they want to reword it!

Can anyone verify if they still have pre-approved CLI offer?

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.