Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

126 Day Discover Luv...Yes!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

126 Day Discover Luv...Yes!!!!

It's all happening! Tried the Luv Button again today, and Discover offered me a $500 CLI. Of course, I accepted it! Maybe I just hopped on the gravy train, we'll see!

Here are the ugly, embarrassing data points that reveal how truly impatient I am:

Discover It approved July 10-- $1000 SL

Hit Luv Button at:

16 days-- Insufficient Experience with Current Discover Card Credit Limit-TU 625

40 days-- Insufficient Experience with Current Discover Card Credit Limit-TU 625

78 days-- Insufficient Experience with Current Discover Card Credit Limit-TU 638

86 days--Serious Delinquency, and Public Record or Collection Filed, Number of Accounts with Delinquency, Length of Time Revolving Accounts have been Established-TU 638

105 days--Serious Delinquency, and Public Record or Collection Filed, Number of Accounts with Delinquency, Length of Time Revolving Accounts have been Established-TU 638

126 days-- $500 CLI, TU 650

I ran $650, $850, and $975 through it the first three months trying to impress them and show them they are my main swipe, but this month have drastically cut back on overall spend with less than $250 on the card because I am tired of trying to play the game. Maybe they like that, I don't really know. But I do know I got my first Discover CLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: 126 Day Discover Luv...Yes!!!!

Congrats on the increase!

I found leading them on a little bit with small monthlies was key to growing them quite a bit.  There's nothing wrong with hitting the button that often either.  I was doing it every week on Mondays for awhile testing the timing out with them.  I think my sweet spot now is going to be 60 day intervals for the optimum CLI amount.  I finished my 1 year with them 8/1 with a $4K increase and over the year it typically ranged between 3-4K/CLI.  Switching it up to the every other month plan yielded a $6K increase on 10/1.

Patience and persistence is key with Discover growing.  If they're being tight on CLI's then just put a monthly on it and auto pay each month while boosting your score and limit as time passes.

Message 2 of 32
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

SWEEEEEEEEEEETSmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy. Way to GO Bella!!. Now THATs what i call persistance Smiley Wink. But nothing wrong with that. I love your awesome record keeping lol!. I dont think anyone in the world could figure out their cli process. We know it to be probably "The Dart Board" haha. Im super glad you got that 1st cli. Hey and your score is getting there too so congrats on that!. I understand the better your score perhaps better success.

This is where it gets good. Be sure to check out one of BrutalBodyShots discover posts about a certain trick that may work in regards to cli. I just passed day 31 so im going to wait til Jan to test my water. Again though it doesnt seem like much now, just remember the end game will be sweeter . Enjoy that extra 500 i know i wouldSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

Congrats on the increase!

I found leading them on a little bit with small monthlies was key to growing them quite a bit.  There's nothing wrong with hitting the button that often either.  I was doing it every week on Mondays for awhile testing the timing out with them.  I think my sweet spot now is going to be 60 day intervals for the optimum CLI amount.  I finished my 1 year with them 8/1 with a $4K increase and over the year it typically ranged between 3-4K/CLI.  Switching it up to the every other month plan yielded a $6K increase on 10/1.

Patience and persistence is key with Discover growing.  If they're being tight on CLI's then just put a monthly on it and auto pay each month while boosting your score and limit as time passes.

Thanks, austinguy907! I forgot to mention in my post that I did redeem a sizeable chunk of cashback for a statement credit, as joltdude suggested. I think they do like that. I wanted to say thank you for being so encouraging in my last Discover thread where I was really frustrated. It turns out I didn't have to wait much longer, and I appreciate the advice to hang in there. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 32
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol got me again , Austinguy! Smiley Happy But is ok, your advise and support is of great help to everyone so keep it cominSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
SWEEEEEEEEEEETSmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy. Way to GO Bella!!. Now THATs what i call persistance Smiley Wink. But nothing wrong with that. I love your awesome record keeping lol!. I dont think anyone in the world could figure out their cli process. We know it to be probably "The Dart Board" haha. Im super glad you got that 1st cli. Hey and your score is getting there too so congrats on that!. I understand the better your score perhaps better success.

This is where it gets good. Be sure to check out one of BrutalBodyShots discover posts about a certain trick that may work in regards to cli. I just passed day 31 so im going to wait til Jan to test my water. Again though it doesnt seem like much now, just remember the end game will be sweeter . Enjoy that extra 500 i know i wouldSmiley Happy

Thanks, AJC! Persistence sounds better than impatience, yeah, let's call it that! Smiley Happy I have a ridiculous Excel spreadsheet. It has tabs for Accounts (tracking monthly overall spend and reported UTIL, CLI's (tracking requests, autos, denials, and scores), Scores (tracking FICO alerts, UTIL changes, and score changes), and a couple more...my latest is a silly pictorial timeline of Credit Cards I've already got, those I plan to PC, and those I plan to app for, complete with month/year I plan on doing it. No, I'm not over the top at all, really...Smiley Happy

I will definitely check out BBS' thread. I know I am loving the CLI. Closing out Credit One is getting much closer, it might happen ahead of schedule now. I really appreciate all the positive, encouraging posts. You are awesome, and I hope I can pay it back! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 32
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Hey that's what helps you know you're not alone in the climb with Discover!  It seems like recently there's been some more people coming on board with Discover and/or converting from Secured lines as well.  Maybe someday we'll get Discover to be as popular as all of the other 1000 page threads around here.  Popping the hood and looking under it with Discover has brought them back to life around here.  If we keep the data points and publish them we might be able to crack the code like with 3X.  There seems to be more and more data coming out from various people helping us all tackle spinning the wheel and locking in a win.  Like the CLI button followed with the CLI phone call resulting in some doubling of CLI's.  Seeing the new 7 month rule on secured conversions and the success of many at that timeline vs the old 12-24 months some were talking about.  Dispelling some of the high spend / low CLI or low spend / high CLI with the data points we're coming up with.  I'm not too sure about the redemption thing though as it doesn't seem like it plays into every scenario from what I've been seeing.  

Message 7 of 32
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

What you are doing is great Bella cuz it shows you CARE about improving your credit and trying not to repeat past mistakes. Life happens so one never knows but i like how you have a plan to attack. I would rather be "compulsive" than to have a la dee da attitude that may make one miss a payment that can have bad affects. Indeed , Ballers trick seems very interesting . Now that you got that first cli, probably best to yry again in 31 days to see if you are on that bracket. If not 61 then 91. Ill try on day 91, but if i dont get it ill try on next 31 , rinse and repeat lolSmiley Happy.
Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll definitely count out 31 days and put it on my spreadsheet! I can't wait to see how your Discover CLI journey unfolds! Seems like since they made you wait so long for the card, they should kick down some serious luv! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job!!  Enjoy it.

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.