Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

130k discharge and approved for 3k unsecured CC

tag
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

Re: 130k discharge and approved for 3k unsecured CC

OP, not at all to detract from your good furtune, congratulationsSmiley Happy 

On another note, I need to understand this. 

(This is where others smarter than me chime in) 

How does this happen? I can't for the life of me figure out how.  What could capital one, or any other bank for that matters, thinking be so soon after a bankruptcy. 

It's a serious, honest question. And certainly not meant to detract from the OP's success. 

Thanks

Capital one 500, Discover 11.1k. UMB Signature visa 18.5k, DW UMB card Auth user 16K. Citi Costco anywhere 26.6k, Amazon Prime 22.3K
BH/Comenity Photo 10k Lowes advantage 35k
AAOA 2y4m, oldest 5 years. 0 collections. 125k income, Util 1% inq 1/12. 1/24. 30/60/90 = 0, No derog's, clean file. Rebuilding started 4 years ago.
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 795
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
reaperzz

Hi I'm glad to help with any questions because this forum was a guide when I suffered thru debt and ultimately bankruptcy.

Factors that capital one may have seen as positive allowing them to give me credit right out of bankruptcy :

income is approx 70k gross annual, I'm an authorized user on approx 35k of credit that still report, credit reports still showing my oldest account is over 15 years (not sure if this is correct given the bankruptcy closing those accounts or perhaps they are considering the age of authorized accts). Also, I imagine going from 130k debt to zero is a huge positive from capital 1s POV despite the bankruptcy. They know most people would try to make better decisions after such bankruptcy discharge.

I kept my home and continue to pay for it. I also kept the vehicle but it no longer reports. 

thank you all for the congrats and again this forum was amazing reading and learning from during my bankruptcy.

Message 12 of 17
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

Thank you for those data points, certainly helps me to understand better for sure. I guess im just of old school thought, and have always been told when you file for bankruptcy,  that's it for 7-10 years. And for the most part rightly so. But that sheds light, thank you for that

Capital one 500, Discover 11.1k. UMB Signature visa 18.5k, DW UMB card Auth user 16K. Citi Costco anywhere 26.6k, Amazon Prime 22.3K
BH/Comenity Photo 10k Lowes advantage 35k
AAOA 2y4m, oldest 5 years. 0 collections. 125k income, Util 1% inq 1/12. 1/24. 30/60/90 = 0, No derog's, clean file. Rebuilding started 4 years ago.
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 795
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 14 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Happy Rebuild success and Congratulations on your Capital One new approval.

Message 15 of 17
cr101
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the discharge and great SL! I seriously felt relieved FOR you when I saw that amt that was discharged. You must feel like a weight has been lifted. Good luck on your credit journey!

Message 16 of 17
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.