Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 y.o Daughter approved for Discover then Barclay Uber

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

18 y.o Daughter approved for Discover then Barclay Uber

My 18 year old daughter is an authorized user on four of my credit cards.  She has been an AU on two of them for at least a year.  On October 6th, I applied for a Discover card for her, she was approved for a limit of $500.00.  When the card came, it shows that her equifax was at 694.

On Oct. 11th, we applied for the Barclay Uber Visa, her, the application went to pending.  We called right away and was told that she needed another card before, they (Barclay) would consider giving her a card.  I asked if there had to be a certian time limit for the other card, the lady said no.  I called today, spoke with a gentleman and told him that during the prior call we did not mention that she was already approved for the Discover Card and we had it in our possession.  He said that he would be glad to check to see if he can turn that denial into an approval.  He asked me a few questions about income (13K yearly, part time), time on job, and about the the cards as the authorized user.  I told him that she was not responsible for those cards.  He approved the Uber Card for $750.00.  

My goal is to teach my daughter how to appropriately use credit (PIF) and monitor her with the use of her credit.  I want to let these cards age together.

Discover Oct 6th $500

Uber Oct. 17th $750.00

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 18 y.o Daughter approved for Discover then Barclay Uber

Congrats both cards are great for students. Only problem with the Uber card for younger people is to redeem points for anything other than Uber require a minimum of 2500 points.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats both cards are great for students. Only problem with the Uber card for younger people is to redeem points for anything other than Uber require a minimum of 2500 points.

That is good to know, I was not aware of that information.

Message 3 of 11
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals for your daughter and best of luck in a good credit future!

Message 4 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Excellent start to a credit journeySmiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats to your daughter on her approval! Awesome start to a great profile!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 11
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Off to a great start!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 7 of 11
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Great way to start her profile! I am very proud of you both! Smiley Wink

@shawk08033 Whats 2500 points in cashback? $25?

Have the Following:

CashBack Cards Goals: Citi Rewards+

Note to Self: Focus on the Abundance of Love and you shall have more!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TyRacing wrote:

Congrats! Great way to start her profile! I am very proud of you both! Smiley Wink

@Anonymous Whats 2500 points in cashback? $25?

Yes $25, I going to get the bonus of 10000 points so I'll use that in increments with points I earn to redeem them. It would take a long time for me to reach 2500 points on my current spending. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, that's awesome she was able to get the Uber card even without a personal history

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.