cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 year old Nephew blew the doors off with his Navy Fed approval!!

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

18 year old Nephew blew the doors off with his Navy Fed approval!!

Back story, he had no credit at all 2 months ago. I added him as an AU to two of my CCs. One being a $26K Navy CC. The other a 12 yr old Capital One with a $49.5K limit. 

After realizing his scores had activated across all three major CB's. I instructed him to apply for Discover.

He received an instant approval a couple of days ago for $2750. 

Today his mom and he went to Navy Fed to get a new debit card, and for him to apply for his first Navy Fed CC.

The lady punches in his info and comes back with a $25,000 instant approval for the GO Rewards with the best rate!!

He received a starting limit higher than anyone in my immediate family, including me, on his first Navy CC!

It's clear Navy looks at DTI and not the overall income. Another clear indicator is how the age of the AU accounts sent the Navy computer straight to the maximum limit without POI! 

He's a good kid and I look forward to watching him groom and grow his credit history responsibly.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 18 year old Nephew blew the doors off with his Navy Fed approval!!

Hey @Gmood1, congrats on your nephew's massive NFCU approval! You've definitely paved the way for a great credit journey ahead for him.

Are you still adopting? *wink* *wink*
Message 2 of 32
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Hey @Gmood1, congrats on your nephew's massive NFCU approval! You've definitely paved the way for a great credit journey ahead for him.

Thanks Finstar!! lol

Actually it was I who was trying to get you to claim me as a illegitimate son, not the other way around. Smiley TongueSmiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
... Are you still adopting? *wink* *wink*

(Hip-checking @FinStar to the back of a very long & still-forming line) 

Congrats! @Gmood1 on great results from an excellent strategy. Now that the youngster is looked after, want to branch out a bit? (Suitable kickback can be arranged)

Message 4 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Thanks Finstar!! lol

Actually it was I who was trying to get you to claim me as a illegitimate son, not the other way around. Smiley TongueSmiley Very Happy

Smiley Very Happy

We'll have to flip a coin lol.   Hopefully, this doesn't present a 'conflict of interest' with @CreditCuriosity or @Remedios since I couldn't remember if you had any existing "commitments" (or side jobs) with them lol 😉

Message 5 of 32
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
... Are you still adopting? *wink* *wink*

(Hip-checking @FinStar into the next county) 

Congrats! @Gmood1 on great results from an excellent strategy. Now that the youngster is looked after, want to branch out a bit? (Suitable kickback can be arranged)

Smiley Very Happy From what I've seen of your latest garden fence jumping escapades. I may need to asked you to branch out and help me.

You've been on a roll lately. lol

Message 6 of 32
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar , before I commit, are you hiring? 

Well done, @Gmood1 

Message 7 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations to you and your nephew!

Message 8 of 32
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Thanks Finstar!! lol

Smiley Very Happy

We'll have to flip a coin lol.   Hopefully, this doesn't present a 'conflict of interest' with @CreditCuriosity or @Remedios since I couldn't remember if you had any existing "commitments" (or side jobs) with them lol 😉

LOL, nah working CC's estate won't be an issue. I can be a illegitimate son as well as a part-time grounds keeper and doorman.

I do have to watch my back for @Remedios , she's been after my side hustle for months now!

I was really hoping her becoming a community leader would be a distraction . Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar , before I commit, are you hiring? 

Well done, @Gmood1 

<in the voice of Forest Gump>  Well, my momma said to always be inclusive and diversify.  Hop on board!  Smiley Very Happy

**I promise my application requirements aren't as tough as those from First Tech FCU 😁😜

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.