cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 year old Nephew blew the doors off with his Navy Fed approval!!

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: 18 year old Nephew blew the doors off with his Navy Fed approval!!

Wow, congrats to him!

Message 11 of 32
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar , before I commit, are you hiring? 

Well done, @Gmood1 

<in the voice of Forest Gump>  Well, my momma said to always be inclusive and diversify.  Hop on board!  Smiley Very Happy

**I promise my application requirements aren't as tough as those from First Tech FCU 😁😜

@Gmood1  looks like you can have your old gig back Smiley LOL 

Message 12 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Newphew approval !!!

Navy strike again !!!

Message 13 of 32
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

lol 25k to a 18 year old?  Good for them but you gotta wonder what they are smoking to give someone with most likely limited income a 25k card.. NFCU is one crazy lenderSmiley Happy

Message 14 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

DANNNGG! I love it when people share stories like this. Congrats to the Nephew!
Message 15 of 32
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Thanks guys!
CC, I agree! Navy does things that defy logic! lol
What they did today, was basically lock in a customer for life. I know he'll go through them for his future auto loan. Who knows, 5 to 10 years from now he may buy a home through them as well.
I'm still laughing at the fact. He and his mom kept asking the lady to repeat the SL.😂😂😂
Message 16 of 32
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

That is a very impressive portfolio starting to develop. Keep up the great work young man 😎.
NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 17 of 32
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow G! Thats incredible. What kind of income is he rocking right now if you dont mind me asking. 25 k on basically 1st credit card is insaneSmiley Wink Tell him to apply for Discover, Amex, Penfed then. A Chase CSR, i smell 150k in credit in biggest app spree everSmiley Wink
Message 18 of 32
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Thanks AJC! His income is around $28k a year. The catch is, he doesn't have any verifiable bills reporting. That puts his debt to income ratio at 0%. lol
Combined with high scores and apparently a super high internal Navy score.
He just applied for a Discover two days ago.
I told him to use those two and become accustomed to using and paying his CCs. I also told him to put away the debit card once his CCs show up.
I want him to PIF statement balances. And also set up automatic payments for both cards.
Message 19 of 32
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 with out saying you created this beastly CC limit, make sure he is responsible with it Smiley Happy.. Stay on his ass only charge what he can afford and PIF monthly or that 25k limit without saying will become 7-10 years of hell as you know as well.

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.