Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 year old son - Discover app.

tag
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

18 year old son - Discover app.

Second app for my just-turned-18 son will be Discover. He was just instant approved in branch for a NFCU CashRewards Visa, $3k @11.15%.  Now, here’s the thing. He is showing a EX Fico08@ 757, with a 1.8 AAoA, and oldest account 2.8 years.  He is showing preapproved on their website for Chrome and IT... solid APR... Think he should be good to go? Wonder what the SL will be - I know with Discover ANYTHING is possible 

TU and EQ are around 670-690. (NO idea why there is such a difference between them and EX)

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

That'sRe: 18 year old son - Discover app.

That's usually a solid pre approval. I think he will get it no problem. His SLwill depend on his income.

My daughter 19 just got her first discover card 1250SL. They pulled EQ. That limit is fine by me .
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: That'sRe: 18 year old son - Discover app.

Should be good.

With Discover I wouldnt be surprised at a 10k limit out of the game, they just have no method to their madnessSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 18 year old son - Discover app.

Congrats on approval and nice SL

Message 4 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Jnbmom wrote:
That's usually a solid pre approval. I think he will get it no problem. His SLwill depend on his income.

My daughter 19 just got her first discover card 1250SL. They pulled EQ. That limit is fine by me .

Lol SL won't depend on income.. Nothing personal.. Smiley Happy . Most card issuers to some extent, not Discover by any shape of the imagination

Message 5 of 9
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Update -approved $1K SL..Mods please move to approvals

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 6 of 9
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Lol SL won't depend on income.. Nothing personal.. Smiley Happy . Most card issuers to some extent, not Discover by any shape of the imagination

Sorry I would think income would play a role in SLs, but I guess not with discover , learn something new every day I suppose.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 7 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats to DS Tireguy.
Message 8 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Jnbmom you have nothing to be sorry about Smiley Happy.  We all learn stuff and my word isnt the gospel.  Just from what I have seen from years on the forum how they react to various profiles/incomes/etc is all.

Congrats on the approval!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.