cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st Card Ever (Late to the Game Admittedly) - Approved for SavorOne - Advice?

tag
B3ar155

1st Card Ever (Late to the Game Admittedly) - Approved for SavorOne - Advice?

Just got approved for my first card - SavorOne 1000CL

I was nervous about getting denied since ive never had a card (10y8mo Total History)

I have about 10 different installment loans - Student/Auto and just recently started paying attention to the benefits of rewards etc

avg 670 Fico - only negative is 1 set of 30/60/90 6 years old from when autopay failed me :/

I plan on staying with this for at least 6 mo and then not sure what to go for next or if i should wait for that to drop off 

Ultimately i would have rather gone for CSP/Amex BCP (i spend 12K annually on Groc) but figured i had a better chance w/ SavorOne and the grocery category w/ no cap got me

What are your thoughts on Venture to pair or am i better switching to a different provider (i want to build up some good relationships for the long haul with at least 2 major card co)

AAoA: 4y3m
AoOA: 5y4m
AoYA: 1m
Active:
Amex Gold (yes I know it was dumb)
SavorOne 1000SL
7/21
JCP Store Card 500CL 5/16

WF Auto - 6k/14k
Closed:
5 other Auto loans over the past 11 years
2 Student Loans closed 9/17
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Re: 1st Card Ever (Late to the Game Admittedly) - Approved for SavorOne - Advice?

@B3ar155 did you check the pre-qualifications on Amex?  You might have an offer that works for you there. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 2 of 15
B3ar155

Re: 1st Card Ever (Late to the Game Admittedly) - Approved for SavorOne - Advice?

@Anonymous - nada, i tried prequal on literally everything before Cap One

Nothing in Amex/Discover/WF/Apple (even though ive had 3 perfect auto loans through WF)

Not available for Chase/Citi

I think it was because of that 30/60/90 in 2015 ?

I have no other derog and even double checked Chex/Sagestream to make sure it was all good there 

AAoA: 4y3m
AoOA: 5y4m
AoYA: 1m
Active:
Amex Gold (yes I know it was dumb)
SavorOne 1000SL
7/21
JCP Store Card 500CL 5/16

WF Auto - 6k/14k
Closed:
5 other Auto loans over the past 11 years
2 Student Loans closed 9/17
Message 3 of 15
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

wow with just that one derog that is about to come off anyway this year. I am not sure, but after a few months with Savor I'm sure there will be something there for you. I tell myself that all the time. I just have to wait and get my EX file cleared up. My lowest of all three

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 4 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your first ever credit card! I would build up some cc history before going for the Venture that is their top card offer, also I would wait for your lates to drop off before apping for it. Each late will drop at the 7 year mark.

Message 5 of 15
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 6 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your "1st Card Ever" Savor One approval .

Better late than neverSmiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 15
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Congrats, I would wait on applying with chase(especially) or amex until after your report is clean to maximize starting limits.

Message 8 of 15
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

How sweet is that?! Your 1st card is always cool, glad to hear it.

Congratulations!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 9 of 15
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.