Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st Discover CLI (Luv button)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

1st Discover CLI (Luv button)

Applied and was approved for $4,000 on the Chrome card in August. I've been applying for a CLI ever since the 1st statement hit but to no avail. Took until the 3rd statement to get $500 more. If they do this every three statements then I'd be ok with Discover Smiley Happy.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Nayola
Contributor

Re: 1st Discover CLI (Luv button)

Congratulation on the CLI.  I believe people have stated that after hitting the luv button and being successful that if you call and speak with someone, you may very well be able to get a little bit more of an increase.

Message 2 of 21
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Above poster is correct. Its called the DD or double dip. I got 4700 total after 40, 80, and 120 days recently. Use it a lot. But with Discover the moon and the stars have to be aligned and the groundhog has to see his shadow or something like that first. YMMV. Congrats! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually its called the "double dip" on these forums; as far as I'm aware there's no official name for the process so you don't want to say that to a Customer Representative or they wouldn't know what you're talking about.

The way I've done it in the past is to apply online for a credit limit increase, then call the 800 number on my card.  When connected to the Customer Service Representative I tell them that I had just requested and was approved for a CLI but that I expected a bit more.  They almost always respond with "let me see what we could do" and the immediately grant an increase equal to the one gotten online.  Then sometimes they will also forward you call to the Balance Transfer department to see if they are any BT offers available.

Message 4 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, Maize i say that and all i get lets try again. Same as if i put my own info in for increase online. Double Dip to me is icecream only. If i ever got one from Disco, id retire from the forumSmiley Wink

OP, you may be on the $500 cycle like me, thus its name the AJC SpecialSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 21
KingPredator
Regular Contributor

Watch you get a DD next go round 😂
Message 6 of 21
KingPredator
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the CLl
Message 7 of 21
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLI!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

AJC, I hate to say this, I really do......I just called and got $500 more Smiley Very Happy.

Message 9 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, congrats...againSmiley Happy its alright someone already figured out ill break 10k sometime in 2020 at my current pace🤨
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.