Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st Post_1st Mortgage Closed_1st App Spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

1st Post_1st Mortgage Closed_1st App Spree

Hello everyone,

First I'd like to say thank you all for the tremendous amounts of knowledge that you have provided me in the months I've waiting during this mortgage process and lurked on these boards. This past Friday I closed on my very 1st home and was so excited to submit a few apps for cards that I had been wanting. 

At closing:

EQ - 678

TU - 651

EX - 652

My income is right at $132K, my AAoA is 77 months and currently I have around about 30% utilization on my existing credit cards.  Which are Cap1 (have had this card almost 12 years - $300SL that's grown now to $9,750, but it's a basic MasterCard with no beneifts to me.   I also have my Marriott Rewards $8K - never requested or received CLI since November of 2015. 

So the 1st thing I did on Saturday morning was contact Cap1 and ask for a PU.  I was offered the Venture Rewards, VentureOne Rewards and the Quicksilver. I opted for the Venture Rewards.  Even with the $59 annual charge (which they waived this year), I'm ok because currently I run most of my monthly spending through this card exclusively.  After the Cap1 PU I tried the CLI online and was told that I couldn't at this time because my card was being adjusted.  I wondered if this was a credit pull for this request so I email the EO and asked them to consider my CLI as I was unaware that I couldn't request the CLI due to the current PU; and I also asked them to remove the pull to my credit (if even possible) because of this same reason.   Still waiting on a response...

I only use my Marriott card when I travel, but I haven't contacted them to ask about a CLI... considering what I've accomplished below should I even try at this time?

SO.... heres the rest of the outcome:

Chase Sapphire - $12K

Discover IT - $7.5K

AMEX Everyday - $6,000

AMEX BlueCash - In Review - (after applying for the Everyday I realized it wasn't the BlueCash - I love Amazon.com and wanted that 10!.  Should I contact AMEX?

Lowes - $1.5K - jointly with husband; called the backdoor about low SL; requested $15K because we do have some pending home improvements and was still denied?  Any other suggestions?

Walmart - $1.1K

USAA VISA - $3K

Rooms to go - $2.5K - not enough for the new Kingsize bed I want, but it's helpful.

I am still considering contacting USAA or CHASE again to refi my existing auto loan with my local CU for a better rate, but I'm not sure if that'd be pushing my luck???

I welcome any further points that I should consider going foward, but my current plan AFTER happily skipping off to the garden is to re-work my monthly utilization so that I can still maintain my benefits on these new accounts.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

Re: 1st Post_1st Mortgage Closed_1st App Spree

Congrats on so many great firsts!!

For Lowes...they typically pull TU...and your score is a bit low for a significant bump (what is your husband's TU?). The 1.5k is a decent starting limit if the 651 is correct. What seems to be holding the scores down? Have the new inqs dropped the scores any further?

Use and pay off the card for a few months and then think about trying again.

Credit Solutions can be whacky and sometimes it only takes one statement to cut before they're willing to CLI. A lot of it depends on your credit score and profile. Once you get up over 700 they are more generous.

With how dodgey Credit Solutions has been with blue envelopes of death...I'd nurture Walmart and Lowes and go back early next year...or even after 6 months...and try again. You can also try online as Synchrony has added functionality to the online CLI request where you can type in the limit you're requesting...this may or may not ruffle less feathers with Synchrony.

Good luck with the new house and credit cards!!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing.... Enjoy them and your new home.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I'm not sure exactly what's holding down the scores to be honest. 

Early BK, 2001.  A few pings here and there throughout 2014-2015 year and this one for medical collections (diabetic, heart disease, shingles).  Sometimes people can't pay that $10K+ medical bill, ya know!  None currently and haven't really had any post in all of last year as income and available cash to payoff med bills has greatly improved.

One thing I can note is in 2015, gramma passed away and left some funds.  I applied straight to my Truck (payoff in less than 1 yr); my travel trailer (payed off in less than 1 yr) and immedicate payoff of all other credit card debts.  Of course this was before my FICO education really began so I was unaware that doing the auto and trailer payoff so soon would send my credit scores plummeting! For me more than 120 pts (according to Credit Karma and Cap1 reporting).

Oh and my husbands TU is right around the same.

Message 4 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice run for those scores.  Congrats on your new house and enjoy the new CC's.

Message 5 of 6
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.