Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st card of rebuild to highest limit JC Penny

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

1st card of rebuild to highest limit JC Penny

Ok, something in me wanted to check one last time before December if i could get an sp cli on my Pennys card. Button does nothing for me. Called CS, got passed on to Sr Csr. Was praying no hard pull ( always unlock first so they can freely access account). Was on for quite awhile which ive learned is actually a good thing. Came back congradulations sir! WOO HOOSmiley Happy First card to give me back credit at start of my rebuild in March 2015 at $500 to new and highest limit to date, $12,000Smiley Happy

Data Points:

TU Fico 8 - 724
Original cl - $500 opened Mar 2015
Previous limit - $ 7500
New limit - $12000 ( asked for 12 and got itSmiley Wink
Income - less than 25k

Thank you Synchrony and JCP, LOL, not sure if thats an oxymoron but until i receive anything blue im gonna feel good Smiley Happy

Paying on time and cleaning up your report helps a ton. Great night everyone. Thanks Smiley Happy

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1st card of rebuild to highest limit JC Penny

That is awesome Average Joe. CongratsSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks cgardenSmiley Happy Everyone has their sentimental card, or many of us do, this ones mine. My only Sync goal left is to get my Marvel to 10k and my Sync journey will be completeSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 19
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Fantastic! Great job and quite inspirational Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 19
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Ok, something in me wanted to check one last time before December if i could get an sp cli on my Pennys card. Button does nothing for me. Called CS, got passed on to Sr Csr. Was praying no hard pull ( always unlock first so they can freely access account). Was on for quite awhile which ive learned is actually a good thing. Came back congradulations sir! WOO HOOSmiley Happy First card to give me back credit at start of my rebuild in March 2015 at $500 to new and highest limit to date, $12,000Smiley Happy

Data Points:

TU Fico 8 - 724
Original cl - $500 opened Mar 2015
Previous limit - $ 7500
New limit - $12000 ( asked for 12 and got itSmiley Wink
Income - less than 25k

Thank you Synchrony and JCP, LOL, not sure if thats an oxymoron but until i receive anything blue im gonna feel good Smiley Happy

Paying on time and cleaning up your report helps a ton. Great night everyone. Thanks Smiley Happy

AWESOME

we ALL are so happy for you buddy Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome on a new high limit. Wait til Navy pushes you past that
Message 6 of 19
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on great JCP CLI!   This card is also a sentimental fav of mine, since it was my first post-BK card with no AF and it led me to learn more about credit, which ultimately brought me here to myFICO

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woo hoo! Smiley Happy

Pennies gave me my first credit card back in 92 when I was 18. They helped me build credit. By 19 I had my first car loan.

One thing I didnt burn when my credit went into the dump at about 27.(real bad abusive relationship, my life was a Lifetime Movie back then... haha)

Message 8 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks everyone, i still remember that day, at the register, would you like to apply the card, hmm no sir im in bankruptcy( lol this is like 8 years post) why dont you just try , ok what do i have to lose, Sir, you're approved for $500. Wow, i was super happy that day thus begining my true credit journeySmiley Happy
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

C O N G R A T U LA T I O N S!

You know my Birthday was on June 14th...I like JCP...
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.