Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Amex approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 Amex approvals

Was just wondering I recently applied for the cash magnet Amex and right after applied for the SpG card and got insntalty approved for both of them, I then went online to read that you can only get 1 revolver in a 5 day period? Or did Amex change that rule? Also I was already pre approved for both cards so maybe that could be a reason?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 Amex approvals

Wow! Congrats!! 🎊👏🏻💸

Not sure how you managed that, but awesome for you! 😎
Message 2 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Was just wondering I recently applied for the cash magnet Amex and right after applied for the SpG card and got insntalty approved for both of them, I then went online to read that you can only get 1 revolver in a 5 day period? Or did Amex change that rule? Also I was already pre approved for both cards so maybe that could be a reason?

Youre not the first one Ive seen recently do this

A new trend?

Congrats

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I think they changed that. I saw couple posts in approval section, members get approved 2 revolvers in the same day recently.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on both approvals !!!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Double Approval!!

Message 6 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I think they changed that. I saw couple posts in approval section, members get approved 2 revolvers in the same day recently.

It appears it falls within that AMEX 2/90 rule for credit cards.  I'm sure there's been a few exceptions and YEMV.  Folks have been known to get approved for 2 AMEX revolvers and a charge card within 90 days.

Wondering if anyone has been approved for 3 revolvers within or < 90 days?Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Amex approvals! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Super Congrats on your Amex double revolver approvals! Smiley Very Happy

Yes, it seems that your approvals are part of a new Amex trend.

2 revolvers and 1 charge card within 90 days. You just happened

to get both revolvers on the very first day, which means there

should be a charge card with your name on it still waiting for you

within the next 3 months. Congrats once again, and thanks so

much for sharing. Your experience creates hope for the rest of us! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.