Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Amex approved

tag
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Re: 2 Amex approved

Well done on the Amex cards.  The actual limit of the PRG will grow based on spending habits on the card.  You can check what you will be approved for with their online tool in your account page.  In my opinion, that's a horrible offer on DCVR.  You should hold tight, let the accounts age, and you will get better offers from DCVR in no time.  Good luck!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

True. What amount does discover usually approve for with my credit score
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Discover started at 23.74, just recently lowered to 19.74. I no longer carry a balance on this card, so I'm not too concerned about the APR. I only use it for the bonus 5% reward categories which change every three months, then PIF when the statement cuts. If you plan on carrying a balance, it may be worth your while to wait, but if you plan to PIF every month, APR shouldn't be an issue. Good luck whichever you decide.

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Yeah I just wish I really wish i knew what range the prg limit is so I don't use it somewhere and get declined. Is the online tool you refer to "check spending power"? Does using that tool affect anything? I thought i read somehwere its not good to click it a lot. I'm guessing I should just use this card instead of my debit card so my spending habits grow? Sorry for all the questions and thanks
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wedge how much did you get approved for with your discover?
Message 15 of 25
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@601fluguy wrote:
I think you will like the prg once you get to know it. If you look at the account more closely, it should tell you your "spending power", that's pretty much the spending limit. Mine is $35k. Also, balances on your prg don't affect your revolving credit utilization.

Not sure if this is true.  When you go to "Spending Power", you type in the expected purchase, such as $5,000 for a family trip.  Then you get approved or denied.  Of course you can just type in $50,000 to see what happens.  But it serves no purposes.  

So I'm not sure where you get this limit of $35k....

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@wedge how much did you get approved for with your discover?

Was approved in 2014 with $1900 SL. I didn't start requesting CLIs until this year. Got one in July for $300, another earlier this month for $1100, bringing current SL to $3300. I think if I would've been more aggressive with CLI requests, the SL would probably be over 10k by now.

Message 17 of 25
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Well... I never said to actually check spending power... I said "if you look at the account more closely, it should tell you your spending power". I believe it shows $35k under "balance details>pay over time details" to be more specific. Either way, the $35k is not a hard limit, its whatever amex feels comfortable with you spending, could be more could be less.
OP, i think the PRG will really help you with it having NPSL. It will still report and build history.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@601fluguy Can you direct me to how you see this 35k. I'm on my account but I don't have any option that says balance details or pay over time details... Thanks for your help

Increasing my credit lines was my primary focus to jump my credit score. I have old cards so I dont need history. I need more credit reported
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@601fluguy Can you direct me to how you see this 35k. I'm on my account but I don't have any option that says balance details or pay over time details... Thanks for your help

Increasing my credit lines was my primary focus to jump my credit score. I have old cards so I dont need history. I need more credit reported

The Spending Power link is on the main page, in the left hand box thats shows your payment due and balance, 

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.