Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 CLIs - Discover and Cap1 - UPDATED

tag
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

2 CLIs - Discover and Cap1 - UPDATED

Here's the set up: I waited until my scores rebounded after mini-app spree 2 months ago and 4 of 9 HPs on EX got past 1 year. Also, jumped in before Amex BCP from the spree reported to all 3 CRAs and scores dip again. (What is WITH Amex taking so long to report?!) Discover IT went from 6K to 9K. Cap1 QS went from 1.75 K to 1.9 K. ONE HUNDRED FIFTY BUCKS!

I immediately called the Cap1 supervisors' number (800-707-0489) and got a CSR in India. Requested a supervisor and got an American one quickly (Leah, very nice). I was friendly and polite and went over my data points with her and stressed the absence of even the slightest negative anywhere on my record. As you'll see in my DPs below, I'm more-or-less impeccable (just like my fashion sense). I was wasting my time. Leah said that, 1) supervisors can't change CLs and 2) in general, most cardholders wait another 6 months for a new CLI, but, if the DPs I gave her (unofficially, of course) hold up or improve, I might want to take a shot after 3-4 mos. In other words, Leah told me what I already knew. My QS was PC'd from an unsecured Platinum about 4-5 months ago. I made sure I was beyond 6 mos. since my last, tiny auto-CLI (a now-enormous 1K). As I've stated before, I'm grateful to Cap1 for getting me out of the credit boneyard. But, sheesh!, those days are over and the other companies are giving me a good SLs and CLIs.

Looking forward to next week's Amex CLI.

EQ=767(1), TU=799(1), EX=756(5 of 9 active)
Inc. = 85K
Util. = <2%
No baddies
AAoA = 2+ yrs
Cap1 Plat. (secured) - 599$ - S.D.
Cap1 QS - 1.9K
Chase CFU - 6K
Chase CSP - 16.7K SL
Disc. IT - 9K (later 14K; see below)
Amex - 2K SL

CU auto loan - 9K (6.7K bal.)

UPDATE 4:36 P.M. Called Discover double dip line (800-347-4856). CSR asked for approval to HP TU (where I only have 1 HP). Gave my approval and got another 5K boost. So, now I've gone from 6K to 14K today. For some reason, I like Discover better than Cap1.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 CLIs - Discover and Cap1

Congrats on CLI

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on getting the rare Discover hp cliSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 6
Batsamandrobin
Regular Contributor

Re: 2 CLIs - Discover and Cap1 - UPDATED

That's a nice double dip on Discover! Congrats on the great CLI!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 CLIs - Discover and Cap1 - UPDATED

@kshurika wrote:
...As you'll see in my DPs below, I'm more-or-less impeccable (just like my fashion sense). ...

UPDATE 4:36 P.M. Called Discover double dip line (800-347-4856). CSR asked for approval to HP TU (where I only have 1 HP). Gave my approval and got another 5K boost. So, now I've gone from 6K to 14K today. For some reason, I like Discover better than Cap1.

LOL - love it!  Smiley Happy

Congrats btw!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.