Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Chase Auto CLI in the Past 6 Months!

tag
Casper476
Established Member

2 Chase Auto CLI in the Past 6 Months!

My Chase Freedom Unlimited card was my first credit card - I got it shortly after starting my first full-time job after college, in November 2016.  At that point I only had deferred student loans on my credit report - I'd never made any payments towards them.  The initial credit line was for $1500.  

After over a year with the card - Jan 2018 - I decided I wanted to use it more (as opposed to using my debit card) and, to do that, I'd need a credit line increase.  I called and requested one - sufferred an unfortunate double pull - but got my line increased to $6500.  

I got the AMEX Cash Magnet in June 2018. After getting the first SUB for that card, I basically stopped using it in favor of my Chase card - since I greatly prefer Chase's reward system (I have my Netflix subscription charged to the AMEX to keep it active and basically only use it for that and sketchy places where I'm worried about the possibility of having my credit card information stolen).  This year I didn't want to apply for any new credit or credit line increases and just focus on letting my accounts age (since that is the greatest weakness in my credit profile at this point, due to my age). 

Anyway, in June I received a notification from Credit Karma letting me know that Chase had increased my limit from $6500 to $7500. Which was a pretty cool, pleasant surprise since I know Chase auto CLIs are quite rare.  Then towards the end of November, after about 3 years with the card, I got another notification from Credit Karma about another credit limit increase from Chase - they increased my limit from $7500 to $9000. 

Data Points - The only FICO credit score I have access to is Experian thanks to Discover's Credit Score Card - it's up to 797 as of today. I have 3 credit cards total - one store card, my AMEX Cash Magnet, and my Chase Freedom Unlimited.  One Auto loan with Chase.  Student loans - private and federal (the private ones were refinanced as of the end of 2018). No new inquiries since I got my car in July 2018 (Earnest didn't pull my credit when I refinanced my student loans with them, which was amazing, since the balance of them is.... not small).  I always pay my Chase card in full - typically biweekly when I'm paid.  I did get a new job in April and my income increased (this was updated with Chase) - which may have also impacted the credit limit increases. My spend biweekly consistently gets up to $1000, which is the point I usually pay it. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 Chase Auto CLI in the Past 6 Months!

Congrats on the rare auto luv from Chase! They must really like you!
Message 2 of 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the auto CLIs there! And kudos for your steady and true credit trip so far. Have a nice mix of cards and loans reporting to work with and when the time comes you want to add another card or two to your portfolio you will have a lot of options on how to go there

Keep up the good work!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your auto cli and your journey! 

Message 4 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on yer Chase SuccessSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Casper476 wrote:

...  I always pay my Chase card in full - typically biweekly when I'm paid ... My spend biweekly consistently gets up to $1000, which is the point I usually pay it. 

Spend & PiF is an excellent recipe for getting yourself some Chase luv. Congrats!

Message 6 of 11
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Message 7 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLIs!
Message 8 of 11
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Awesome! Congrats!

Message 9 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats during the season of giving. Happy Holidays! 🌲

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.