Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Hilton Honors Approvals!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 Hilton Honors Approvals!

My significant other and I were both approved for the $0 annual fee Hilton Honors cards! Both had a 100,000 point sign up bonus!
Hello free Hawaii trip!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 Hilton Honors Approvals!

Congrats on both approvals !!!
What was the SL's

Message 2 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats to both of you! 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boom. Congrats! Aloha!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for $2,000 and she was approved for $1,000. Very low limit considering what we currently have across other Amex cards but does not bother me one bit!
Message 5 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats how you tag team Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 12
crys12065
Established Contributor

Congrats!!

In the garden until 2020
Message 7 of 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Nice. My wife finally got a Delta gold. Using my sub for a trip this month, hers for a later one.

A little off topic, but does anyone know if it's a stricter underwriting for the $99 AF one?

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BES, I don’t think it is. I’m pretty sure the underwriting is the same on each of the HH cards. I started out with the base HH and the Delta Gold in November. About 5 weeks ago I had preapprovals for Ascend ($99) and Aspire ($450), as well as Bonvoy, DB, DP, and DR. Being that the AF for that batch of cards ranges from $0-450 and I had preapproval for all of them, I’d think underwriting is pretty much the same and it comes down to how much you’re willing to pay annually for the perks provided.

I ended up getting the Ascend and am happy to have it. The earnings are much better than the base card, and there are several other perks it brings to the party, which make it easily worth the AF. Later on I’ll shift as much limit from the base card as I can onto the Ascend, and then close the base card after the first of the year, when I have well over a year with it. Plus I got a 125k-for-$2000-spend SUB on it, which adds up to just under 5 nights based on my average redemptions of 26-28k per night for rooms in the $150-170 range. That’s $750+ in dollar value for a $99 AF.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My significant other and I were both approved for the $0 annual fee Hilton Honors cards! Both had a 100,000 point sign up bonus!
Hello free Hawaii trip!

Congrats!! That's the way to do it!! Enoy that free trip!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.