2 Simultaneous AMEX Credit Card Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 Simultaneous AMEX Credit Card Approvals

The Application:

American Express

Credit Card 1 - AMEX Everyday Preferred: 15k sign up bonus / 1k in 90 day spend

Credit Card 2 - AMEX Starwood Preferred Guest: 30k sign up bonus / 3k in 90 day spend

I completed both applications (in the order listed) online through the AMEX site. 

The Pull:

Luckily AMEX did not complete a HP on any of my credit bureaus. It was only a SP (Experian is my best guess - I reside in CA).The only reason I can assume, is that I have been a Platinum Card member since 2006. I've been current and in good standing for the past 4 years. A slight hiccup previous to that, but clean otherwise.

The Score:

FICO Score 8

700-735 Across EQ, TU, EX

Credit Utilization - approximately 28%

Open Accounts - 13

Inquiries - since this was a soft pull (I'm assuming this wasn't factored into my approval)

The Approval:

Both cards were instant approvals. 

AMEX Everyday Preferred - 15k SL (Starting Limit)

AMEX Starwood Preferred Guest - 8k SL

In both cases, I was given the option to obtain my credit card number immediately. It stated this was offered in case I wanted to use the cards immediately and/or add them to my online account. For both cases, I declined and opted to wait for the physical card. Within a matter of 20 minutes, I received emails confirming that my cards were processed and preparing to ship. Starwood Preferred Guest arrived within 3 business days and Everyday Preferred was approximately 7-8 business days. 

*note - I was already a SPG rewards member through my AMEX Platinum card. I notated that on the application, but when the card loaded on my online AMEX account, the numbers did not match. A simple call to customer service correct that problem and ensured my current points were linked properly. 

Finally, I do intend on applying for a 3X CLI (3X credit line increase) in the next day or so to bring my Starwood Preferred Guest card to 24k. I know some posts have stated that you must wait 60 days to do so, but I will take one for the myFico community and intend to do so sooner. Check back in with me in the next day or so for an UPDATE.

-PointsYoda

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 Simultaneous AMEX Credit Card Approvals

Congrats! I just applied for & received instant approval on my first Amex ever yesterday, BCE with $5k SL. Having been previously denied in a couple apps over last 15 years & spending time rebuilding my scores it was huge milestone for me. Hope the CLI goes well, though I'm going to wait the 60 days I'll be watching for updates on yours
Message 2 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats PYSmiley Happy May the Amex force be with you! Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the double approval ! Thanks for the data points i have been thinking about applying for another Amex ive been a member since 2006 but i havent pulled the trigger yet.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval..2 nice pick ups...:Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

-SR

I'm on that same rebuilding journey. Great learning process and the sign up bonuses are always a plus. Looking forward to that first free trip. I will post the results of the CLI attempt soon. Check back in a few days! 

-PointsYoda

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks AJC! The Force is strong with you...

-PointsYoda

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

metech-

Go for it. My experience is that AMEX constantly does SP throughout the year. Maybe give them a call to update your personal profile (income, address, email, etc.). It may help with not generating a HP. (I can't confirm that, it's just my assumption based on my experience) Good luck!

-PointsYoda

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

-doinit1

Thanks! 😎

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.