cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 approvals-Target red and BBVA huge credit line!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 approvals-Target red and BBVA huge credit line!

My score recently hit 641. I was reading about Target Red and said what the heck and applied and got a $200 dollar approval. Not much I know but I was very happy. I've come a long way since my 580 over a year ago. Since then I've gotten (3) Capital One cards(one of them is secured), an unsecured Discover, a secured Open Sky, a Walmart card and a car loan.

Earlier last week I got a mailer in from BBVA bank for a credit card pre approval. I called them and they said I had been pre approved. I let them do a hard pull and then they told me that I would have to submit some info to verify my id. I had heard that before so I figured I was denied.

Then BAM! 8K credit card approval! I am elated. I have stayed the course with the exception of being at 41% utilization. This is for some furniture I purchased (3K) and I am paying that off by the end of January 2020. 

What have I learned during this 24 month journey:

1. Aggresively have things removed from your credit report that shouldnt be there

2. Get a few secured cards-Capital One, Discover etc-and never ever let them report more than $10 dollars or so each month

3. Get a large loan of some type. Some people advise against this but I got a loan from Capital One for a car. The interest rate is terrible but I knew if I bit the bullet for six months or so I could refinance.

4. Never ever pay a bill even one day late.

Now I have three goals left:

1. Get an AMEX. Lifelong goal. I dont care what AMEX it is.

2. Refinance my car. The interest rate is ugly but I have had it nearly six months.

3. Buy a house. I need to save 10k. I am going to try to get an FHA loan.

4. Get my utilization down to 0. I can do that by paying off the 3k by the end of January.

I want to thank everyone on this website who has helped my on this journey. And the journey continues.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: 2 approvals-Target red and BBVA huge credit line!

Congrats!   ..

Message 2 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good stuffSmiley Happy. Im not sure sbout never letting more than $10 report on a secured card but if it worked for you....Smiley Wink.

EnjoySmiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your recent victories !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 5 of 7
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals and continued success!

Message 6 of 7
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Nice.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.