Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 out of 3 approvals today.e

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

2 out of 3 approvals today.e

Today was good day for me. First call was to Citi bank to ask for credit line increase on my Double cash back mastercard credit limit is 15.6k, system said we sorry we can approve your request at this time you will get letter in 7 to 10 days. this is second try with citi in the last 40 days. Second call was to U.S. bank to apply for the new Altitude go visa, got instant approval on the phone for credit line of 10K. The Third was to Wells Fargo for the Propel credit card increase the limit was 15K ask for increase to 18K for an increase of 3K got instant approval with soft inquiry. Citi is not increasing credit lines at this time, not showing love. In the last 2 months put 600 on the card and paid it off before statement closed. In the last 5 months put about 60 dollars on the Propel card and the increase was back in March of this year.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: 2 out of 3 approvals today.e

Congratulations on your approval and CLI!
Message 2 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOOM congrats on the approval and CLI!

Message 3 of 35
firefox100
Valued Contributor

It is hard to figure out how the banks work when it comes to credit approvals. for example I have 2 friends who have much higher income then I do and have fico scores that are at least 10 points higher who only got 5K limits with U.S bank and I got 10K limit now have 24.5K total credit limit with U.S. bank I am very surprise that Wells Fargo has given me this much credit and the last increase was surprise because I don't use the card that much just have my cell bill on it. Did put 4K spend when I first open the card to get the bonus. I had the Citi card for about 6 years and have put about 20K on it over that time. They have stop giving increases to me, hit brick wall with them.

Message 4 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the excellent approvals!

I wasn't so lucky with the Altitude Go but I shall try again eventually Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious, did a 0/6 rule apply for the Altitude Go? Any new accounts in the last 6 mo?

Message 6 of 35
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Yes the number of inquiries are very important to U.S. bank comes to the Altitude go visa card, You can not have more then 2 inquries and 2 new accounts in the last 12 months. My experian fico score was 817 today that is what U.S. bank underrwriting told me, they also like to see that you have other cards with high credit limits and low utilization. They don't like people who turn account.

Message 7 of 35
JL276
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the credit limit increases Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the data, looks like I will have to give it a rest for a while to go for it.

Message 9 of 35
slickwidit
Established Contributor

Congratulations 🎊 🎉 🎈 🍾 

"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.