Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 out of 3 approvals today.e

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2 out of 3 approvals today.e

Grats on the Alt GO and the WFB CLI Smiley Happy

Citi is lending just fine, been quite a few successful Citi increases posted here recently, they dont like something in your profile or you have not had the current CL long enough. Try again in a few months.

Message 21 of 35
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLI and Approval!

|  
Message 22 of 35
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Today was good day for me. First call was to Citi bank to ask for credit line increase on my Double cash back mastercard credit limit is 15.6k, system said we sorry we can approve your request at this time you will get letter in 7 to 10 days. this is second try with citi in the last 40 days. Second call was to U.S. bank to apply for the new Altitude go visa, got instant approval on the phone for credit line of 10K. The Third was to Wells Fargo for the Propel credit card increase the limit was 15K ask for increase to 18K for an increase of 3K got instant approval with soft inquiry. Citi is not increasing credit lines at this time, not showing love. In the last 2 months put 600 on the card and paid it off before statement closed. In the last 5 months put about 60 dollars on the Propel card and the increase was back in March of this year.

Massive Congratulations on your success!!!!!

Meatloaf said it  best "Don't Be Sad Cause Two Outta Three A'int Bad" :-)

I have not gotten a CLI from Citi in a year so nothing to worry about :-)

Enjoy,

Cheers

Message 23 of 35
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Firefox killin it!! Those are some sweet cards and CL's!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 24 of 35
creatorprime
Valued Member

Dont suppose you have any of those sweet data points?

Message 25 of 35
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Ok I poster on anothe thread that I spent over an hour with Citi to see if I could get some where, it is like dealing with the Government. The reasons are in the letter are to many inquries, my transunion is only showing 1 inquriy from August of 2019 when I open the Apple card, the Second Reason balance to high on to many other accounts. Only 2 accounts have balance at this time and the total out standing balance is 980 dollars. Citi only said call Transunion like they are going to grant me credit. Only thing I would be honest say you are not using enough of your credit line. don't bs reason say we just don't want to lend or increase your line at this time. They did give me a 25 bonus credit for my time. Does any one have back door number for recon cli.

Message 26 of 35
ccquest
Established Contributor

From this thread

Citi: 888-201-4523 (New App Approval Status)
Citi AA: 888-662-7759
Citi App Status: 800-645-7240, 800-288-4653, 800-750-7453
Citi: 800-763-9795 (App status?? They ask for your app #)
Citi Credit Bureau Dispute Fax: 866-713-5028
Citi EO for the Citi Cards division: 605-331-1698 (Open at 9AM CST) ~popamode72

Citi Retail Banking EO: 866-336-7285  ~maiden_girl (updated 7/2018 to include "Retail Banking" ~ request by Citi)

Citi: CSR:  301-733-5501 (New App Status) ~eagle2013
Citi: 1-800-695-5171 (New App Status appears US Based w decision ability) - Bubka3

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 27 of 35
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Congratulations on your success ...

"Citi is not increasing credit lines at this time"  

Citi is giving CLI's ...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Citi-DC-SP-CLI-3000-Edit-and-SP-US-Bank-CLI-f...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Citi-Premier-and-Double-Cash-CLIs/m-p/6073363

I'm almost inclined to agree with the OP about Citi not giving CLIs at this time. I've had my DC (started as a Diamond Preferred) 4 years and the last CLI I've had on it was in late 2017 which I took a HP to get--and it's been at $10k since. I've gotten the SP CLI screen and tried a few times recently to no avail. And not only was I declined--it didn't offer me the opportunity to take a HP either. And this is after the closure of my Macy's store card bought my total exposure with Citi down to $33k where with Macy's it was at a high of $57k at one point. I'm not sure how (or what criteria) they're approving all of these SP CLIs lately on cards with less age than mine to be honest.

BTW congrats on your 2 successes OP!

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 28 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on 2 out of 3!  That's great!

Message 29 of 35
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Thoes numbers don't help couple of the tole free numbers are for opening new account. I have spent couple of hours looking for a recon number for credit line increases can not find. The CLi process is completely automated. My problem is with Citi is don't give me wrong reasons, like you have to many inquiries and your balances are to high when my total balance on all my cards iis only 980 dollars. If they want to give reasons like you don't use enough of your credit line or you have to much credit available then that would be fine. Just for info back in May I got 5K increase on my BoA master card from 20K to 25K.

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.