Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 penfed approvals, 1 hard pull.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 penfed approvals, 1 hard pull.

So this is for hubby , wish I would have done this when I got my approval a few months ago but I was just thankful to be approved for 1 penfed card that I didn’t want to risk going for another 😬🤣.

We have both been members of penfed for just over a year now. Never any offers. Don’t even see where we can look at our fico score. I do deposit our rental income into our account with them every month . We both tried to get a card last year when we first opened our accounts . Denied for too many new accounts for him and the Egyptian denial for me/ inquiries . Decided to just let it be for a while . I got brave a few months ago and apped for the platinum rewards card and got approved for 12k . Last Sunday decided to give it a go for hubby again. He has gotten 5 new cards over these past few months . Apple, marvel , ebates, ducks unlimited and Citi AA. Went for the power cash rewards and it went pending . 15 minutes later got the approval email, sl 10k. Was stoked . Then started reading about how some people get 2 cards with one hard pull with penfed sometimes. The data of a hard pull being able to be used for 30-90 days seems like it was up and down if that was still the case . Read it was best to just try same day if you wanted to be sure no extra hard pull was done . So went to the promise visa about an hour later and submitted that app. Review again , no extra hard pulls. But didn’t hear anything all day (Sunday ) On Tuesday the power cash rewards showed up in his online account . Application for promise still said in review . No calls no email. Checked yesterday and finally the promise card was there underneath the power cash, 10k limit as well 🙌🏼. So 2 cards with one hard pull!! I’m more excited than he is I think lol.

He has 21 inquiries on equifax , 16 over a year old . 5 this year . We have a 6k balance transfer on his discover card and a few other small balances reporting . He also has a late payment on his target card from 2015. Car Loan as well. No poi requested or anything else . Score with the letter they sent said 748.

A few questions . How many penfed cards can you have ? Since I have one I was debating apping for my second in 6 months and might try for the 2 for 1 special as well. And to my knowledge all cli are a hard pull if I request them correct ? One hard pull for each card or can you combine ? Thank you all , it was slow getting in with them but I’m glad we finally did . 🤗
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: 2 penfed approvals, 1 hard pull.

wow.png7bff8670a655a8d11963a74b6defc0c1.gif

Message 2 of 13
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

That's swinging for the fences! 🤘🏻
Message 3 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent double play here!
Message 4 of 13
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!!!

Message 5 of 13
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

WOW, congratulations!!! 2 cards 1 HP with Penfed!? Wow!!  

You may want to play the Lotto!!!

Message 6 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 7 of 13
CreditWolf
New Contributor

Oh great must be your lucky day Congrats 😁
Message 8 of 13
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your success!!! 😎 Hopefully someone comes along to answer your questions shortly... 

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 9 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Double congrats CC !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.