Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Amex approval odds? - Update:Approved

tag
Reeflex
Established Member

2nd Amex approval odds? - Update:Approved

Hey all, 

So Im wondering how accurate the Amex pre-approved offers are... I have 1 year and 2 mo on my oldest account and AAoA is 6 months I currently have the Cash Magnet card that got a SL of $5k and on 4/5 I asked for a CLI which bumped it up to $15k, I also did that for my discover which was bumped from $500 SL to $1.5k on 4/5 to $1.7k Today 5/10... I checked my amex pre approvals today and the blue delta skymiles cards is there, my question is should I apply for the skymiles card (I want to start earning miles because im planning on traveling these coming months) or should I wait out 6 months for the Amex CLI to pass... and see my other offers... Also amex doesn't do HP if I already have a card with them correct? 

I also have 5 Hard Inquires on equifax and 2 on TU, should I app to another card at the same time as the Amex if I were to do it?

9 REPLIES 9
Reeflex
Established Member

Amex 2nd and 3rd Card Approval back to back!!

So I've had my Amex Cash Magnet card for 5 months, and had a SL of $5,000 last month I applied for a CLI and got approved for $15,000. I just applied for a Blue Cash Preferred and got a SL $2,000 and right after applied for a Blue Delta Skymiles card which didn't tell me how much I got approved for... I guess you can say today has been pretty succesful. Still curious on how much I got approved for in the Delta though, not sure if anyone knows how to check that?

Message 2 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Amex 2nd and 3rd Card Approval back to back!!

Wow! 3 cards.....how many will Amex allow you to have?  That cli is no-joke either, congrats!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 10
Reeflex
Established Member

Thank you!! And 5 if Im not mistaking, well 6 if you inlcude a charge card. Unless Im getting it mixed up.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!!

Message 5 of 10
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval ....The Amex pre approvals are pretty solid however I was already a customer and was hit with a experian HP when I went for one of my offers
Message 6 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@GApeachy wrote:

Wow! 3 cards.....how many will Amex allow you to have?  That cli is no-joke either, congrats!

5 revolvers and 3 charge

Message 7 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@MrDFinance wrote:
Congrats on the approval ....The Amex pre approvals are pretty solid however I was already a customer and was hit with a experian HP when I went for one of my offers

If you apply too soon after becoming a first time client, you can get another HP.

Message 8 of 10
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!! Awesome job with Amex

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 9 of 10
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.