Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Amex approval odds? - Update:Approved

Reeflex
Established Member

2nd Amex approval odds? - Update:Approved

Hey all, 

So Im wondering how accurate the Amex pre-approved offers are... I have 1 year and 2 mo on my oldest account and AAoA is 6 months I currently have the Cash Magnet card that got a SL of $5k and on 4/5 I asked for a CLI which bumped it up to $15k, I also did that for my discover which was bumped from $500 SL to $1.5k on 4/5 to $1.7k Today 5/10... I checked my amex pre approvals today and the blue delta skymiles cards is there, my question is should I apply for the skymiles card (I want to start earning miles because im planning on traveling these coming months) or should I wait out 6 months for the Amex CLI to pass... and see my other offers... Also amex doesn't do HP if I already have a card with them correct? 

I also have 5 Hard Inquires on equifax and 2 on TU, should I app to another card at the same time as the Amex if I were to do it?

9 REPLIES 9
Reeflex
Established Member

Amex 2nd and 3rd Card Approval back to back!!

So I've had my Amex Cash Magnet card for 5 months, and had a SL of $5,000 last month I applied for a CLI and got approved for $15,000. I just applied for a Blue Cash Preferred and got a SL $2,000 and right after applied for a Blue Delta Skymiles card which didn't tell me how much I got approved for... I guess you can say today has been pretty succesful. Still curious on how much I got approved for in the Delta though, not sure if anyone knows how to check that?

Message 2 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Amex 2nd and 3rd Card Approval back to back!!

Wow! 3 cards.....how many will Amex allow you to have?  That cli is no-joke either, congrats!

"My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home"
Message 3 of 10
Reeflex
Established Member

Thank you!! And 5 if Im not mistaking, well 6 if you inlcude a charge card. Unless Im getting it mixed up.

Message 4 of 10
doinit1
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!!

American Express Business Gold(NPSL 10k) Chase CSP (25k) BofA CR Siggy (20.8k) BofA BBR (22.1k) Amex BCP(4.1k) Overstock (21.1K) Lowes (17K) NFCU CLOC (15K) NFCU VS Cash (15K) Care Credit (15k) J Crew( 11.9k)Venture WMC (10.25k) Amex Everyday (1k) Chase Slate (10k) Walmart MC(10k) BB Visa (10k) Discover(4.5k☝️) PayPal Cashback Mastercard (8k) Chase FU (7.4k) Citi AAdvantage Gold World Elite (9.5K) Citi Double Cash (8.5k) Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card (6.5K) PenFed PCR (5K) PayPal Credit (4550)Discover (500✌️) Kohls (3k) Chase Freedom (1500)

Mortgage May 2017 - 2 auto loans (1 PenFed and 1 Navy) Aug 2018=98K
Gardening until June 2021

FICO 8 Scores EX 700 EQ 696 TU 703
AAOA 5.2yrs TCL=268,700
Message 5 of 10
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval ....The Amex pre approvals are pretty solid however I was already a customer and was hit with a experian HP when I went for one of my offers
Gardening....TCL: 100k+
Message 6 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

Wow! 3 cards.....how many will Amex allow you to have?  That cli is no-joke either, congrats!

5 revolvers and 3 charge

Message 7 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@MrDFinance wrote:
Congrats on the approval ....The Amex pre approvals are pretty solid however I was already a customer and was hit with a experian HP when I went for one of my offers

If you apply too soon after becoming a first time client, you can get another HP.

Message 8 of 10
pinkandgrey
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!! Awesome job with Amex

Discover It: 19.7k
Amex ED: 18k
Citi DC: 7.7k
Fidelity Visa: 2k
Apple Card: 1.5k
Message 9 of 10
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Mar 2020):EX- 689, TU- 665, EQ- 670
What's in my wallet:

On the chopping block:

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.