Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd CLI on Bestbuy approved for $5000 after Discover cli of $2000

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd CLI on Bestbuy approved for $5000 after Discover cli of $2000

Your request for a Credit Limit of $10000.00 has been approved. Your current Available Credit is now $10000.00. You can use your Available Credit right away. Thank you for being a cardmember.

Holy !@#. I almost become greedy and trying to increase by $10000. In my mind, holiday time is coming and citi keeps offering me new pre-approved card which I am not interested right now. However, for CLI it is a game with my newly increased EQ Score that Citi is basing on. I am pretty sure they are going to be generous. Boom!

I entered $5000 cli from current $5000 limit I applied earlier this year (no hp on both).

Whew!!!! Btw my Discover card increased from $12300 to $14300. The first cli is $1500 (Mar 2020) and current cli is $2000(today) with APR reduced a bit too.

I am looking at Amex next!

Updates 11/24/2020

I received HP from Citi Bestbuy. Now I learned something new No HP for application (Mar 2020) but you will get HP for CLI.
Citibank Na., Best B   Inquiry from Nov 23, 2020 Television & Radio
4 HP on TU which will drop on late Feb to early Mar 2021 --> 

6 HP on EQ, with 2 drop on Feb and 1 on Aug 2021. The other 2 on Feb and 1 on Nov 2022. I thought previously I am going to have 3 drop on feb/mar on eq.

I know Vantage Scores do not mean much but it just give me some ideas how my scores would changed. Anyway, I got few scores 3 pts from each TU and EQ (credit karma vantage scores) for $2.38 balance on Amex Everyday and another 2 points drop on EQ (vantage score) for the Citi BestBuy. So my Vantage Score sitting at Tu 732 EQ 736 currently. For Fico 8 or 9, I don't have the today score other than what I posted. Unfortunately, Sams and Discover wouldn't be posting new CLI for me in time to the credit bureaus. So I am hoping Citi  Bestbuy (2nd) and Lowes (1st) CLI  will help me to get higher Fico 8/9 scores to counter the HP and the rest later next month.

Another update:
Citi Double Cash pre-approved dissapear from Credit Karma. It changed from pre-approved to fair approval odds. I had pre-approved from them from months and they even send me a mail letter with pre-approval code. Since I was approved for Citi Bestbuy CLI with hp this morning the pre-approved dissappear. Interesting right? I am ok with it since I am not interested in applying for a new card with hp until next year once most of the hp dropped off. It will be game on again.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: 2nd CLI on Bestbuy approved for $5000 after Discover cli of $2000

Congratulations on your CLIs!

Message 2 of 13
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!! You'll most likely see an HP on Equifax. Best Buy isn't usually an SP.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply. My bestbuy initial app didn't have hp since I already checked. I didn't know their cli will hp me but I am ok with it. I guess I do need to be patient a bit.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Amex experian Fico 8 is current 739 from Nov 7th. I guess I will wait until next month to see if any major changes since I just get two CLI incresed from Discover and Citi Bestbuy. I am hoping the increased will cover the effect of HP if there is one. I will update it if I am getting Citi Bestbuy hp or not here.

Message 5 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 13
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!

Message 7 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice job, maximize your hp with Citi by shooting abit higher lol but 5k is still sweet.Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CLIs!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Double congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.