Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Disco approval

tag
calyx
Super Contributor

2nd Disco approval

A bit on the measly side, but I got their lowest APR, which makes me happier - not because I carry balances outside of 0% promos, but just because it feels more like credit file/scoring progress than higher limits.

Anyway,  DPs

HP EX,  FICO8 of 777 (last I checked - I probably should've waited til next week when my util will be dropping and should bring it back to ~800)

APR: 11.99% after the 14mo 0% intro

SL: $5000

1/6 3/12 6/26

Overall util = 3%

The SL is sufficient - I got it to abuse the double cash back with the paypal quarter after something @kilroy8 said reminded me that I have a sizeable bill coming up (I already have Paypal Key).

Now, who wants to hand me a recycling bin.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: 2nd Disco approval

@calyx, Congratulations!!!

Message 2 of 20
calyx
Super Contributor

Thanks @M_Smart007 !

I just realized I'll be maxxing out that quarter fairly quickly thanks to PP Key since I can also pay my (TWO WEEKS!) of fancy dog boarding for my princesses with it.   

Message 3 of 20
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Wow, you are quick on the trigger. You should have no regerts, it is always great to have more big cashback with no AF cards.

Congrats!

Message 4 of 20
calyx
Super Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

Wow, you are quick on the trigger. You should have no regerts, it is always great to have more big cashback with no AF cards.

Congrats!

@kilroy8 No real regerts, honestly.   The other CB cards wouldn't net me nearly as much as I'll make with the double on Paypal.  Honestly, I thank you, because two different boarding stays (and this place is stupid expensive, but there's not a lot around) and the insurance bill will be huge with paypal key.   I had honestly forgotten all about it since I never rarely use it until I read your post and remembered I had it.

Plus, who knows, maybe I can finally get another CLI from Disco with all of the use (my real drive there is to get a high average CL for CBIS scoring purposes).

Message 5 of 20
calyx
Super Contributor

Also, there might be a little fun when I tell mr. c I'm getting  more CB on amazon than he does with his fancy Chase next quarter Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 20
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

CL on the second grew much faster than the first for me. It's stuck now, though.

Message 7 of 20
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 8 of 20
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations, @calyx! 😄

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 9 of 20
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Discover approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.