Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Discover IT Approved.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd Discover IT Approved.

So i started my rebuild little over a yr ago with a discover secured card 200 limit.   It graduated at the 7th month and i have only gotten on CLI of 200 on that card. So a total limit of 400 in over a year of history. Not sure if its bucketed but it wont grow.  I got a pre-approved offer from Disco and due to the history with the first card, didnt expect much.   I am "trying" to garden, but the urge got the best of me.  clicked the button..  Boom  2500.  0% apr for 14 mos and another year of CB match. 

DP's   (current scores listed below)

Util: 8%

new accts in the last 12 months: 16

INQ's..   close to triple digits (dont try this at home kids)

So i'm not sure why the original card didnt grow, but i have this one now.  May do the combine next year after 0% ends. 

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2nd Discover IT Approved.

Congrats better then the 1k approval they tried to throw me last week on the pre-qual for my second card which I turned down lol and just had them withdrawal the application as had to finalize it over the phone.. Enjoy the double cash back!  If they would of approved me for 2k at least I probably would of kept it Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, i did some small BT's to it as well, just for the 0% apr. i wonder if that helped, but either way i have a decent limit Disco now.   I seriously think my first disco is bucketed in the "your credit sucks and we dont CLI secured cards even after grad".  that's the impression that i get..  

Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and the successful rebuild!
Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. its been a fun journey, but i need to step back and let it all grow now.   We'll see how that goes Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Haha, way to go JagoSmiley Happy Welcome to the BigBoy tableSmiley Happy. Double cash is sweet. I wish I could run mine up to get max cash back but I cant so I just go after diamondsSmiley Wink

Watch you pockets , Miesterbro may be looking for a cc to buy his breakfast withSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Haha, way to go JagoSmiley Happy Welcome to the BigBoy tableSmiley Happy. Double cash is sweet. I wish I could run mine up to get max cash back but I cant so I just go after diamondsSmiley Wink

Watch you pockets , Miesterbro may be looking for a cc to buy his breakfast withSmiley Happy

Restaurants is next quarter LOL  Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Oh snapSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!

Message 9 of 29
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Congrats!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.