Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Discover approved 12k SL

tag
pgtackle2003
Frequent Contributor

2nd Discover approved 12k SL

Just a few data points and info for anyone who is interested. Discover was my first CC when I started my rebuild about 3 years ago. I . graduated from secured (500 limt) to unsecured at about 15 months. When I graduted to unsecured they bumped be to $600. About another year later I asked for CLI and was bumped to $1000. So nothing shocking here. About the same time as the increase to 1k I was given an increase by Amex to 15k. So needless to say I didn't use the Discover too much. However,  I kept it open as it was my oldest CC account and didn't see any reason not to.

Fast forward to today in a much better credit situation, have Exp Fico 8 of 702. I had just closed on my house (which isn't reporting yet) and refinanced my vehicle (which also isn't reporting new account and old closed yet). I had a bit of a balance on my Amex card from things for the new house (around 3k) . Decided to look for a Balance Transfer card with some benefits, was pre-approved on Discover so I applied. Right out of the gate 12k SL.

Discover does seem to be very generous to people who've had a card at least year (and of course made on time payments and used it a bit)

Cards and limits now:

Capital One QS- $600

Delta Gold Skymiles- 15K

Delta Blue Skymiles(will likely close this as it was open around same time as the Gold, long story)-1K

Capital One Spark Classic- $4K

Discover IT-  $1k

Discover IT BT- $12k

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2nd Discover approved 12k SL

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!  Your hard work has paid off!  Great cards, BTW.  $12,000!!!!!  It must feel good -- you deserve it.  

Message 2 of 11
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

@pgtackle2003 wrote:

Just a few data points and info for anyone who is interested. Discover was my first CC when I started my rebuild about 3 years ago. I . graduated from secured (500 limt) to unsecured at about 15 months. When I graduted to unsecured they bumped be to $600. About another year later I asked for CLI and was bumped to $1000. So nothing shocking here. About the same time as the increase to 1k I was given an increase by Amex to 15k. So needless to say I didn't use the Discover too much. However,  I kept it open as it was my oldest CC account and didn't see any reason not to.

Fast forward to today in a much better credit situation, have Exp Fico 8 of 702. I had just closed on my house (which isn't reporting yet) and refinanced my vehicle (which also isn't reporting new account and old closed yet). I had a bit of a balance on my Amex card from things for the new house (around 3k) . Decided to look for a Balance Transfer card with some benefits, was pre-approved on Discover so I applied. Right out of the gate 12k SL.

Discover does seem to be very generous to people who've had a card at least year (and of course made on time payments and used it a bit)

Cards and limits now:

Capital One QS- $600

Delta Gold Skymiles- 15K

Delta Blue Skymiles(will likely close this as it was open around same time as the Gold, long story)-1K

Capital One Spark Classic- $4K

Discover IT-  $1k

Discover IT BT- $12k

Congrats on the New House, New Car and New Discover card.istockphoto-862671862-612x612.jpg

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 3 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your 2nd card!   ..Nice SLSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your house, car, and massive Disco limitSmiley Happy looks like they want to compete with your AmexSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

BOOM....You...

Awesome Congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your 2nd Discover Card approval, the AWESOME SL, and Thanks for the DPs!!!  

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and killer SL!!
Message 7 of 11
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on both your house and great limit on the 2nd card!

Message 8 of 11
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

Very nice!

AU

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your 2nd Disco approval!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.