Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Discover approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd Discover approved!

Hi all,

I have had a discover card for about 3 years and discover has not loved me at all.   I did get some $500 CLIs but I was getting frustrated as it was only at $4300.   Did the preapproval and was approved for a 2nd card so I apped and was just approved for a $16,000 credit line.   Just seems strange that I needed to app for a second card to get a decent credit line.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Re: 2nd Discover approved!

Wow! Congrats! Looks like they are both the IT cards, can you combine limits and close 1???

Robot Very Happy

Message 2 of 26
jl4
Established Contributor

Discover may have pulled a Capital One and bucketed your first card making it a not-attractive or worthwile endeavor for them to make the CLI too high. 

Congrats on the 2nd card! +1 on calling and asking if you can combine the $4300 onto the $16k.

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, nice, maybe I should reapply on my Citi DC card, been at $500 forever with nothing but denials.   

Wait...  stop... dont... do.. it....  lol

Congrats!

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Disco approval!! 16K is a terrific limit to start with.

Funny how some won't give decent CLIs, but will give an even better limit on a new card

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

maybe its like how cable or cell phone providers always give better deals to newer customers lol

Message 6 of 26
A1Credit
Established Contributor

$16K!  Wow!!! Congrats!!!

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 7 of 26
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@jl4wrote:

Discover may have pulled a Capital One and bucketed your first card making it a not-attractive or worthwile endeavor for them to make the CLI too high.

+1 Congrats on your new card!

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations killer SL man! I was also approved for an IT with a $4000 SL last week. It must be in the air or something lol!
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP! Which CR do they pull?

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.